Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If each of you reading this only had one machine, and could only use ONE COIL permanently (as in NEVER take it off your machine), which would you rather have...

Stock coil
Tiny 'shooter' style coil
Big coil

I need depth in most of my spots for those oldies, so, I'd normally be inclined to go for a big coil, however, I also want a coil that isn't going to be too much of a problem in thicker trash areas. Therefore, I'd opt for the stock coil on my Safari, as it seems to be a good 'all arounder'.

Joe
One Machine & One Coil:

Minelab CTX with Stock coil

Park/Turf--check
Beach--check
Water--check
Relics--check

Nuggets--not really unless they are big!!  Wink
(06-10-2014 07:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]If each of you reading this only had one machine, and could only use ONE COIL permanently (as in NEVER take it off your machine), which would you rather have...

Stock coil
Tiny 'shooter' style coil
Big coil

I need depth in most of my spots for those oldies, so, I'd normally be inclined to go for a big coil, however, I also want a coil that isn't going to be too much of a problem in thicker trash areas. Therefore, I'd opt for the stock coil on my Safari, as it seems to be a good 'all arounder'.

Joe

personally it would be stock as I "learned my lesson years ago when I bought 2 different coils [lost the extras in a couple of moves] for my machine) from now on will only go stock.
Man that's a tough question.   I guess I'd have to say my current machine. 

AT Pro, stock coil

1. Excellent in trash
2. Fast Response
3. So-so on depth 
4. Inexpensive machine
5. Simple, simple to use

I'm sure I'll update this in a couple of months, when a new machine is purchased. ?
I hope I never have to answer that question.
I would have to say the medium size coil.  Next choice would be the small coil.
For my SE Pro, although erratic in trash, the 11" Stock Pro coil 25% of the time. For outright stability and absolutely "dead on" pin pointing, the 8x6 SEF the other 75%. If I really want to see what's in the ground, the 8x6 shows me by depth, signal and separation. I mean really!

Now of course this is crawling sweeps on the suspected target.

With my Delta 4000, it's a 50/50 between the Ultimate 13" and the 5x10 elliptical DD.
Both are as good as each other for ID in it's limited form for the Delta, but the Ultimate wins on depth and the 5x10 on targeting, but not as deep. It's a crap shoot between the two really. I rarely or never use the 8" concentric stock anymore.

As a rule, I use the larger coils in an area first, then switch to the smaller coils after I've dug what I think is most of the trash. Trash is still there from cherry picking over the sites, but the smaller coils make the task easier IMHO.

And Ron (CA), why are they promoting away the 17" CTX coil with a new purchase? Because the machine is that good out of the box! Don't you know.

So, for a summation, if you would want one coil, for all around searching, in all kinds of ground conditions and site conditions, I'd go slow and low with the smallest DD I could get.

Nobody says we got to get this done by Wednesday, or else!Rain
Just love my E-trac with the Stock coil

On my soon to arrive V3i it will be the 10" D2 stock coil

On my MXT Pro it would be the 6X8 SEF coil hands down.

On my XLT it would be the 950 stock coil

On my IDX it would be the 5.3 Coil

On my F75SE it was the 11" Stock coil.
AT-Gold with stock 5x8" DD coil for me!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's