Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: An Experiment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a primo spot that I'm going to hit this weekend. I've found tons of goodies there over the years, however, there's not many high tones left. So...

I'm going there for the whole day Saturday, and will be digging EVERY signal, from surface hits to deep iron, and everything in-between. Why? Well...

I think it'll be interesting to see just how much we (I) miss by being so spoiled with these modern machines. It might be very revealing. What I'm MOST interested in though, is seeing how many coins I dig up that are reading as deep iron, or, are in the same hole as iron. This is going to be interesting, guys Wink

Joe
It will be interesting and fun too.  I really like digging junk.  I tried some cherry pickin today and it wasn't much fun.  I was swingin and swingin and not getting many hits.  It's like fishing when they just ain't biting.  I'm happy catching small ones till a keeper comes along.  I see some cool junk in your future.
Eyes have been opened to the tinkling broken glass in the phones. Take one's time, walk slowly and deliberately with courage and righteousness young Skywalker. Other than that, good luck.
I'm very interested to hear the results! I've wanted to do similar experiments but have never got around to do it full on.
Sounds like Joe is becoming a relic hunter!
I can't wait to see what you pull out of the ground,  good luck friend!
Yea man, you might as well dig as much as you can if you know there is good stuff there. That Large cent i found was only 2-3 inches down and i was going to pass it up as a clad quarter. Good thing I didn't
(06-13-2014 08:12 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like Joe is becoming a relic hunter!

Me & my merry band of fellow treasure hunters relic hunt at least a few times per year, but, you gotta time it just right, so to avoid the overgrowth, bramble & skeeters. Best time is early spring & anytime in the fall. We have a couple of 'dig it all' spots, however, once the seasons change & we switch to the parks, it's 100% cherry picking mode, as the parks are littered with about 4" of modern crap! I'd dig EVERYTHING all day long in iron or old junk. Modern trash on the other hand, waste of time Wink

Joe
Good luck this weekend. Go slow and dig all you will be posting something good !
Good luck on the weekend, have fun and I will be more interested in what coins and jewelry you missed over the years by by-passing what sounded like junk.

Look forward to seeing what comes up.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's