Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The day of 2 Ts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had the whole day to myself yesterday.  That doesn't happen often.  I got out early.  Took the TDI to my favorite old stomping grounds.  I ran this thing in dig all mode for a while.  That is fun.  You pretty much have no idea what you are digging.  After a while I went into a little wooded area that I have not touched before.  Went into cherry pick mode and wham.  I dug wheatie, silver, wheatie all in a row in about a three foot area.  I was thinking WOW this could be virgin ground.  I hunted around there a little more,but not finding much and I was being eaten alive by the mageeta.  I had to get out of there.  Went back to swingin in the grass a little then went home to soak myself in off and grab a bite and the old T2.  I figured I would get right back to that trashy woods spot with the laser beam coil.  By this time I was pretty tired and wasn't in much of a dig it all mood.  I was even ignoring most of the pulltab hits.  Nothing great this time.  This was the first I got to use the new TRX also.  I should have said 3 Ts.  My rarest find of the day was the silver Rosie.  That is only the second of those I have dug.  I've dug more mercs and more Washingtons than rosies.   I think the TDI may be winning favorites over the T2.  I'm starting to hate looking at all the jumpy crap on the screen.  Here's a couple pics of the days digs.  The one with the silver is TDI finds.  The other is T2 finds.  Any guesses on what the big toothy looking iron piece is?
Congrats on a fine day of digging!!
I missed this, Will! You're kicking ass with the TDI!!! I think it fits your personality like a glove, as you're more of a 'dig it all' kinda guy. In the long run, you'll find a LOT more than us cherry pickers Wink

Joe
Yeah Joe.  I really like this machine.  Even when it's set to hear everything, I'm starting to hear differences in the tones.  Sometimes I can guess what it is.  More time and I will get even better at it.  I do like diggin junk.
Congrats on the rosie Will. And a whole bunch of other interesting stuff as well. I'm a "Picker" too. I just don't have time to dig every tone. Only the real questionable ones. Bugs are great aren't they? Last Sunday after about 3 hours of rain, and doing the Deep Woods bath as you did, I still had to don my mosquito head net so I could breathe without inhaling a bug. And I still got bit about 3 times in all the little places I missed.

I really like doing the woods. Just me and the trees. Find a lot of shotgun brass. I have a link to shotgun shell Mfg. history if you ever need it.
After the first bug attack the other day I took 2 Benadryl that I had in my pocket.  That helped with the itch.  All the bullets and the shot shell I dug in the grassy area.  I always find bullets there.  That shell was shallow too.  It was a screaming high tone on the TDI.  High tone is low conductor, low tone is high conductor.  Opposite of vlf detectors.  I didn't even clean that shell yet to see what it says.  Maybe I'll do that tonight.
Still some good finds! Any day you find silver is a good day in my book
(06-13-2014 09:10 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]After the first bug attack the other day I took 2 Benadryl that I had in my pocket.  That helped with the itch.  All the bullets and the shot shell I dug in the grassy area.  I always find bullets there.  That shell was shallow too.  It was a screaming high tone on the TDI.  High tone is low conductor, low tone is high conductor.  Opposite of vlf detectors.  I didn't even clean that shell yet to see what it says.  Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I'm going to try that Benadryl approach. On my SE I have it set now so that high conductive sounds like falling shattered glass. It's the only way I can distinguish the difference between all the sounds with my hearing.
I cleaned that shell up a little.  I can tell it says Peters.  Looks like it might say 14?  And it looks like it's filled with iron.
Can't read it this end. It's Hi Brass. If it's a Peters there are a lot of them. Check page 2 as well. I've found so many over the short time I've hunted the woods. Here's that reference:
http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

All I've ever found have been the paper or rather cardboard case, which, like yours, has rotted away to leave the brass base. I await the day that I find the old reloadable full brass cases. That would be something. I know that when I did weekend skeet in PA years ago, we scrounged the ground for our empties so we could reload them. Now there all hi impact plastic cases. Found a few of those as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's