Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Working hard to get a spot to detect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately i have had a tough time finding spots to detect because places i find end up havin an issue with them that makes them undetectable. Hopefully that will change because there's a spot in a town near me where a nice chunk of houses used to be. The area was cleared in years past and now all that lies in the way is overgrown woods. Even though we could wait til fall/spring, a buddy and me are planning on going in there tomorrow and clearing as much of the area out as we can. I talked to the owner of the property and he said he didn't care what we did and to have at it. I know at least 4 houses used to be on this property in the mid 1800s, so who knows what we might find once we can detect it. I never really had to work to be able to detect a spot, but I don't mind. Have you guys ever offered or attempted to clear out an area so you could detect it?
Dang it Bobby I haven't done that.  Sounds like a great spot to find some old coins though.
I've heard of guys mowing lawns and such but your project may be a worthwhile endeavour being that those houses were that old. Kinda gives you a lot of freedom to detect away though, knowing you did a good deed and can reap the reward.
(06-16-2014 02:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard of guys mowing lawns and such but your project may be a worthwhile endeavour being that those houses were that old.  Kinda gives you a lot of freedom to detect away though, knowing you did a good deed and can reap the reward.

im really hoping there will be a reward. Knowing my luck the area was filled in when they tore the houses down or it is trash ridden. But there is only one way to find out and I won't give up on it
Crank it up. When you know you may be into that kind of a site, push that e trac to the very limits and get a good shovel.

And I'm still looking for that damn candle sconce you found. It intrigues me.
(06-16-2014 11:14 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Crank it up. When you know you may be into that kind of a site, push that e trac to the very limits and get a good shovel.

And I'm still looking for that damn candle sconce you found. It intrigues me.

That's exactly what I need to do. It's nice to know I don't have any restrictions at this place.

And I wish I had more info to share on the sconce/door knocker, whatever it is. But if I find anything I will let you know
Dang it Bobby!! Lol. Hey man it's not always easy being a detectorist. I have never cleared an area of land but I have cleaned/dug out seller holes and foundations. It sounds like a good spot I hope it pans out good you. 
BTW... Have you ever got into door knocking? If not one of these days when we both have some time you can come down my way and I will help you out with it. I'll give you pointers and what not that should boost confidence and help you get a higher percentage of yeses. Maybe we can get Joe up to go with sometime also.
(06-17-2014 07:24 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it Bobby!! Lol. Hey man it's not always easy being a detectorist. I have never cleared an area of land but I have cleaned/dug out seller holes and foundations. It sounds like a good spot I hope it pans out good you. 
BTW... Have you ever got into door knocking? If not one of these days when we both have some time you can come down my way and I will help you out with it. I'll give you pointers and what not that should boost confidence and help you get a higher percentage of yeses. Maybe we can get Joe up to go with sometime also.

I have tried asking a couple times, but I'm definitely one of those people that has to work up the nerve to do it. It's like I know what to say and I get ready to go ask and then I back out. I really do have to start doing it though because there's so many places that I want to try. I am definitely willing to come down that way sometime and get some wisdom and knowledge about it, I'd really appreciate it. Just send me a PM sometime and maybe we can work something out. Having Joe tag in too would be sweet
I was the same way when I started knocking. I would plan it all out in my head, get my words and thoughts ready and back out. The more you do the more used to it you get. It's always easier at first when your not by yourself. We will meet up go in the near future
Dont think i could do the door to door thing.
i often think about asking some of my neighbors,
but never build up the nerve to do it.
i was think if and when i built up the nerve to ask, if i had the homeowner or property owner right down anything they may have lost and would like returned, that i would do my best to recover that item for them for the permission to hunt there.
kinda like a little pay back . and,  i keep anything not listed, 

knowing me, i`ll likely stick to the deep woods detecting ...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's