Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got my Garrett back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got my pinpointer back today.  It was fast.  Looks brand new, but the receipt says they repaired it.  It looks great and it works, but the sensitivity is way down.  I'm talking 1" on a dime in the air.  I don't want to send it back again already.  When I first got mine it got a good 2" on a dime.  What would you guys do?
Now I was just playing with it again and it's going all goofy even worse than before I sent it in.  I can't believe this.  I don't think I've seen anyone post anywhere having a bad experience getting their Pro Pointer fixed.  Just my luck huh.
Wow, not good. unless you have a back up pointer,
i would definitely call and or send it back.
so far my Garrett pro pointer is working fine. 
dont think i could live without it ....
(06-17-2014 11:53 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, not good. unless you have a back up pointer,
i would definitely call and or send it back.
so far my Garrett pro pointer is working fine. 
dont think i could live without it ....

I do have another.  I bought the new Whites TRX before I sent the pro pointer in.  It is terrible being without a good pinpointer.  I emailed Garrett.  Now I'm just waiting to see what they say.
How is the TRX working out for you, i haven`t tried that one yet.
i do like my Garrett, seems to have better distance and pick up than a few others i have tried. but for some targets i have to be actually touching it with the Garrett for it to get a signal.
I've only actually used the TRX once so far.  It works great.  It actually gets more distance on a coin than the Garrett and it will hit a pulltab at 4" easy.
Will, that sucks about your PP.  I got the RMA to send mine in for repairs this week.  Mine works great, just have to keep the button pushed in all the time.  Maybe I should just cut my loses?  Hopefully they will make it right.  The only reason I even called Garrett was because I have heard they have amazing customer service.  It seems like all the threads I've read they take good care of their customers, I think they will in your case.  Fingers crossed......
That's nuts Will. Mine is working fine so far. And that noise cancel I tried on the SE worked and I don't have to put the coil way behind me any more, even with sense up to 32. My vote is send it back again. Hey, nobody's perfect, and I think they're getting a lot of them back. You've got the backup.

But hey, did you try it outside, away from any electronic leak sources? That may be the problem.
(06-18-2014 06:47 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's nuts Will. Mine is working fine so far.  And that noise cancel I tried on the SE worked and I don't have to put the coil way behind me any more, even with sense up to 32.  My vote is send it back again. Hey, nobody's perfect, and I think they're getting a lot of them back. You've got the backup.

But hey, did you try it outside, away from any electronic leak sources? That may be the problem.

No man it's totally screwed up.  It even turns off and on and sometimes the battery alarm starts going off and it beeps and vibrates for no reason at all.  I emailed them last night and got a reply today.  It said they will pay to ship it back again and they were giving me a BOL.  Whatever a BOL is.  Something for shipping I guess.  I haven't heard back since that email though.  I'm sure they will take care of it, but how many licks does it take?
Reference URL's