Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1918-s slq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out to yermo,ca. With my buddy brad to do some detectin where a friend told me an old saloon once stood,it was about 94 out there,but we came to detect,so detect we did. Brad scored a 20-s merc and a p.o.d. button and I found a 64-d rosie,3 wheats - 56-d,57-d,58-d and this 1918-s slq. Thanks for lookin!
Nice going Leo looks like it sat in the sun baking for years . Was it a surface find ? I like the patina of the coin it shows it's age and SLQ's are a tuff find all around . Awesome ...
HH
Mike
(07-01-2013 12:20 AM)ratman Wrote: [ -> ]Nice going Leo looks like it sat in the sun baking for years . Was it a surface find ? I like the patina of the coin it shows it's age and SLQ's are a tuff find all around . Awesome ...
HH
Mike

It was about 7in deep and ash and trash came out with it.
Ok that would explain the color yeah looks like it was maybe in a burn pit or something either way I would chalk it up as a great find and a early SLQ .
HH
Mike

quote='leo aranza' pid='545' dateline='1372652684']
(07-01-2013 12:20 AM)ratman Wrote: [ -> ]Nice going Leo looks like it sat in the sun baking for years . Was it a surface find ? I like the patina of the coin it shows it's age and SLQ's are a tuff find all around . Awesome ...
HH
Mike

It was about 7in deep and ash and trash came out with it.
[/quote]
Great score-- That is one of my favorite coins!!
Man, that is toasted, for sure...I'll still take one though, lol. SLQ's haven't been kind to me in the past. I think I only have one that has a date, as most of them come up too worn.

You're killin those coins, Leo!!!

Joe
Reference URL's