Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me try this again.  I just wrote a whole paragraph then attached pics and everything I wrote vanished.
I'm in VA.  I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be able to get out relic hunting while I'm here.  I will have some time to hunt my brother's place though.  I just took the T2 with the 5" coil out for a little while.  This place is filled with iron and foil.  Next time out I'm using the TDI and trying to see through the foil.  I did get some cool stuff.  A vintage pulltab for the collection.  A little fired bullet.  A copper looking butterfly brooch? And small pendant thing in the same hole.  I thought for sure I was digging a nice silver quarter on this one since it was real close to the 1951 Rosie that I just dug.  I got something that looks like maybe was a piece of jewelry made from a coin?  Also what at first I thought was a rivet and after cleaning it is obviously a piece of bullet shell.  Says United Cart.  Any help on age or type of shell?
Nice load of stuff!!! And a 1951 Rosie! Way to go Pittsburg Will!!!!! What's your count on the coin bro? We gotta know.
(06-21-2014 07:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice load of stuff!!! And a 1951 Rosie! Way to go Pittsburg Will!!!!! What's your count on the coin bro? We gotta know.

Thanks Ohio.  My silver count for the year is up to THREE.  I think I will find some more down here before I leave.
(06-21-2014 08:14 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2014 07:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice load of stuff!!! And a 1951 Rosie! Way to go Pittsburg Will!!!!! What's your count on the coin bro? We gotta know.

Thanks Ohio.  My silver count for the year is up to THREE.  I think I will find some more down here before I leave.

One at a time Will, one at a time. Good to hear you got out to the wilderness and did some great detecting.

Ed
Nice pulltab

love the silver too ;-)

HH
Nice hunt. like the little butterfly that should be interesting to see cleaned up a bit.
The butterfly rocks, Will! And another silver for the pile, too! I'm quite curious, and can't wait to see what the TDI is going to sniff out of there Yes

Joe
Reference URL's