Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SILVER # 8 and misc!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scored my very first silver quarter today. And nicked it not once, but twice!! Some dog tags from a dog named Bear. A Boy Scout token, which I at first thought was a clad Eisenhower. And the 2 wheats came from a real short hunt yesterday after work where the city foreman told me about an empty lot where the house had been torn down years ago. It was so hot though and being beat after work I decided to go back some other time, although I dug about a dozen iffy's there was a lot of iron. The wheats were a big surprise. And that Max Factor lipstick tube weighs a ton. I'm going to open it up here tonight and see what the hell makes it weigh so much. Sure as hell can't be dirt and lipstick. Well, shucks, just lipstick!
[attachment=2215]
[attachment=2216]
You popped the cherry, Ed!!! Congrats on the BIG silver!!! The first of many more to come Yes The quarter must've gave a sweeeet high tone. Good stuff, cuz!!!!!

Joe
nice catch . great job on the silver quarter.
got me on the edge of my seat over the lip stick container.
pop that thing open lets take a peek ...
(06-24-2014 07:19 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]You popped the cherry, Ed!!! Congrats on the BIG silver!!! The first of many more to come Yes The quarter must've gave a sweeeet high tone. Good stuff, cuz!!!!!

Joe

Yeah Joe, I knew it was silver from the tone and how tight the spot was. It also rang in at a solid 3-29 high tone at first and on cross sweeping, 1-29 and a "very hard high tone". I nicked it trying to get through small feeder roots with my trowel. I should have cut a bigger plug but it was mixed sandy loam and was falling apart. And it's an S mint mark. That's very unusual here. It was about 5 inches down.

Ed

(06-24-2014 07:24 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]nice catch . great job on the silver quarter.
got me on the edge of my seat over the lip stick container.
pop that thing open lets take a peek ...

BONES! Turns out to be just lipstick. Damn it. My wife says they made lipstick in the old days with lead. I think they did cause I coulda sworn that there was a gold chain stashed in the thing.
congrats on your first silver quarter,
had my fingers crossed for ya on the lipstick tube.
oh well ... still a nice catch for a quick after work hunt.
Nice work Ohio!  She's a Quarter too!  I wish I had the patience to put that much thought in photographing my stuff.  I'm so lazy lately that I haven't even shown off anything in a while.
It's awesome when big silver pops out isn't it! Congrats!
(06-24-2014 08:08 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]It's awesome when big silver pops out isn't it! Congrats!

And the thought "It's gotta be silver!" running through your head. And when that's what it turns out to be, it's such a rush!!!!

Ed
Nice quarter! Gotta love it... I usually make myself think any coin signal is clad, that way if it does turn out to be silver, I'm that much more excited.
Awesome quarter.  I've only found three of those.  That's a nice pulltab too.  You know your on a good site when you find those old tabs.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's