Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WHOA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could you just imagine finding this???

http://m.livescience.com/46420-rare-roma...rthed.html

Joe
No! I couldn't imagine finding any gold coin!
WOW !!! 
i think i would have had a heart attach and dropped it back in the hole .
that`s the stuff dreams are made of ...
Definitely a treasure! I would be in shock for a month. Those fellas MD'ing in England and Europe have real potential to find some fantastic stuff. The Archies got this one, but there's more out there!
Now that's a find.....you should make it banner!, lol just kidding
Europe is full of great finds. i remember driving through little mountain towns in the 70`s in Spain - Italy and my parents would stop at these little 24 hr garage sale type places ( home stores ) and there would be hoards of German helmets and swords and all kinds of goodies from many eras. there where piles of stuff just strewn about for sale. selling for next to nothing back then ...

another fond memory is hiking the mountains in Spain and my dad stopped and pointed out a silver vein running right down the side of the rock as plain as day.
i`ll throw out a little hint to anyone hunting in northern Spain ...
its not far from the Cuava del gato ...
BONES. You had a great Father!!! To have traveled those areas as just a young adult must have really been something, and enlightened you to know the world. My experience in traveling didn't start until I was in my mid forties, when I began to see that the whole world is the same all over, but with a different and unique culture and the same friendly people who simply spoke another language. This little blue ball is a great place to be. Wherever you're at.

Ed
Thank you ... it sure is a wonderful and  strange ball of dirt we live on. wish i could get back to some of those spots with my detector. 
i always wish i could make it back to Greece with my detector.
that would be an awesome place to dig ... not that it wouldn’t be just as awesome to dig some good old Roman history up, but man i would dig the hell outta Greece .
I dream of such finds!
Reference URL's