Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of you guys pretty much know what you're doing with your smart phone cameras and transferring the photos to the internet and such, so I'm going to stay short winded somewhat and give you guys some pointers.

Get this program and install it on your desktop. But a word of warning, they include other search programs in the load window, so don't just go clicking away at the "Next" button and uncheck the opt outs on those programs or you'll end up with just more junk on your computer then you really need.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Then play with it for a while.

Then, get a camera that has close up ability, a minimum of 8 or 10 megabytes of pixel taking screen, has replaceable AA batteries and a removable picture card of at least 2 gigs, preferably more. That whole setup costs under $100 because phones are getting better cameras than cameras are. And get a portable card reader for your desktop if it doesn't already have one built in. ($29)

Then play with that for a while.

Once you mix the 2 together you'll see how really easy it is to "Crop, adjust color, brightness, contrast, add text, frames, vignetting, etc...." It'll make the "Chore" of dressing up your finds photos for presentation so, so much easier.

I arrange the finds, take the shots, load em into the computer, edit and text them all in under 15 minutes.

I'm fairly used to doing it because I used photographs for estimating masonry restoration projects and I also feel I'm a fairly good photographer. I like just taking a camera out to the woods also.

Enjoy!!!

[attachment=2217]
[attachment=2218]
[attachment=2220]
[attachment=2221]
[attachment=2222]
great post. and great photos...
Wow, terrific pics, Ed! You cropped, enhanced colors and everything through that program? That is brilliant!!! You mentioned the program before, but, you're like an artist using it Yes Fantastic! Who's the cute kid?

Joe
(06-24-2014 09:02 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]great post.
there a several very good photo editing programs available.
i know i saw it in another post either here or else where,
but just wanted to throw it out there again.
if your hunting in a location that you do not wish to share with the world.
i would recommend using a camera rather than a phone.
the GPS tagging on the phone may give away your favourite hunting location.
there a also many cameras that now have the ability to GPS mark your photos.
i would disable this function, at least if taking photos out in the field ...

I have spots that are so beat-up, hunted to death & detected to shreds that anyone who steals them would be doing me a FAVOR!!! Tongue

Joe
Happy  still trying to keep my hidey hole under wraps. ]
only been hitting this spot for a couple months. no where near started.
i may have to feed someone to the hogs poking around in my hole .... 
i keep all photos on the dirt ... and definitely no GPS ...
(06-24-2014 09:03 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, terrific pics, Ed! You cropped, enhanced colors and everything through that program? That is brilliant!!! You mentioned the program before, but, you're like an artist using it Yes Fantastic! Who's the cute kid?

Joe

That's my grandson, Tylor!! One of five. He's 16 now. I threw my hat on him when he was helping me in the garden a while back and got a good one, first shot.

Ed
(06-24-2014 09:29 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2014 09:03 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, terrific pics, Ed! You cropped, enhanced colors and everything through that program? That is brilliant!!! You mentioned the program before, but, you're like an artist using it Yes Fantastic! Who's the cute kid?

Joe

That's my grandson, Tylor!! One of five. He's 16 now. I threw my hat on him when he was helping me in the garden a while back and got a good one, first shot.

Ed

Have you taken Tylor out detecting? Any interest? Strike that, dumb question. If I was 16 again, I'd mostly be interested in getting my drivers permit & girls!

Joe
(06-24-2014 11:18 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2014 09:29 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Ed

Have you taken Tylor out detecting? Any interest? Strike that, dumb question. If I was 16 again, I'd mostly be interested in getting my drivers permit & girls!

Joe

I tried, but he's not DL or Girls. He's in an advanced newly built school here for science. An A+++ student but still plays his xbox online. Every birthday I give him a Silver Eagle of the year of his birth. While my other grandson gets Morgans.

One looks to the future. One looks to the past.

They are 2 months apart and cousins and best friends. Just the way I like it.

Ed
Reference URL's