Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NEL or Ultimate coil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know both the NEL & Ultimate coils are supposed to be great, but, any opinions on which is more stable, while at the same time providing more depth, overall?

Joe
From what I have heard from some pretty good detectorists, I think I would go with the Ultimate Coil!
(06-24-2014 10:39 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]From what I have heard from some pretty good detectorists, I think I would go with the Ultimate Coil!

Thanks, Ron! Yes I used the SEF's before, but, didn't care for them. Going a different route.

Joe
(06-24-2014 10:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2014 10:39 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]From what I have heard from some pretty good detectorists, I think I would go with the Ultimate Coil!

Thanks, Ron! Yes I used the SEF's before, but, didn't care for them. Going a different route.

Joe

let us know how it works compared to the other coils you have used.
I like the 10x12 SEF coils. Which detector are you running. I can do a side by side for you if I have them here in my arsenal.
Of course your soil has the biggest impact but I don't see much if any depth increase with the Ultimate over the 11" Procoil--in my ground the Ultimate is not worth it. I would have no problem giving the NEL a go --I have read many accounts of being able to run higher sensitivities with  the NEL with little loss of stability
Reference URL's