Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A resource you may not have thought about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I don't know if you have heard of Zillow.com, but for me it is a great reference to see the dates of when houses were built. If you go to the site and look at the right side there is a map option there and you can see an aerial view. If you zoom in enough on an area, the houses will have an icon near it and property boundaries. All you have to do is click on it and a details page should show up with info on the house and if you are lucky, the year built will be there. 

Unfortunately, the site doesn't have that information for every area. Sometimes it will only show the houses for rent/sale and other times it will have all houses in a particular area. It might be worth it to just check out for where you live and see if it works.
That's good intel to know Yes How did you find that out?

Joe
very interesting.
out here there are many houses that are well over 100 years old
if not several 100. but the laws on digging anywhere in city limits is so strict.
the only ones who are allowed to dig them are the county archaeology society members. i have had a few members now tell me that anything they find they keep and don`t turn it in. so basically they made it so you cant dig your own property but they can.
that`s why our museums here are filled with crap. get caught digging in the wrong area here even without a metal detector present and it could land you a hefty 20,000 fine and 5 years in jail ... so definitely check local laws and there boundaries ...
(06-25-2014 05:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's good intel to knlw Yes How did you find that out?

Joe

I can't remember exactly. I'm pretty sure I found it while google searching something. It's helped me find a few good spots

(06-25-2014 05:44 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]very interesting.
out here in St Augustine there are many houses that are well over 100 years old
if not several 100. but the laws on digging anywhere in city limits is so strict.
the only ones who are allowed to dig them are the St Johns county archaeology society members. i have had a few members now tell me that anything they find they keep and don`t turn it in. so basically they made it so you cant dig your own property but they can.
that`s why our museums here are filled with crap. get caught digging in the wrong area here even without a metal detector present and it could land you a hefty 20,000 fine and 5 years in jail ... so definitely check local laws and there boundaries ...

Around here there isn't much for laws, but for others I can see how that can be important
Reference URL's