Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 10,000 holes in a 30 foot strip .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled up a ton of iron, a few odd pieces. a brass plate to something, dug it just feet past where i hit the muzzle loader trigger guard a month ago. so not sure if its related. here`s today`s pile.
[attachment=2230]
pulled this piece of iron. looks like it hooked to something. was thinking possibly the bayonet to the muzzle loader, but honestly not sure yet.
[attachment=2232][attachment=2231]
[attachment=2233]
[attachment=2234]
and a brass plate. possibly to the muzzle loader
[attachment=2235][attachment=2236]
picked up a piece of musket flint, and a very odd tiny broken black glass rod.
[attachment=2237]
a few more pieces of 18th century British slip ware, and a piece of shell edged pearl ware also 18th century. a marble thought that was cool.
[attachment=2238]
i think this is part of a front grill, who knows, maybe to the model T ford keys i found a couple weeks ago.
[attachment=2239]
a couple large pieces of ceramic glazed on inside and out. not sure what it was.
[attachment=2240]
a piece of a leather boot. and a couple bottles. tons of bottles in the dirt only grabbed 2 today ...[attachment=2241]
this small chunk of metal,  must weigh 10 - 15 pounds. way heavier than any of the larger iron pieces i have dug.
[attachment=2242]
a few more odd shaped pieces, gotta get cleaned.
[attachment=2243]
and another piece of what appears to be a knife ...in 2 pieces
[attachment=2244]

well, thats all for today, im beat. it`s 97 outside. im gonna hide out and suck up some AC for a while ... have a great day. H.H ....

got the heavy item wiped off a bit.
looks like it could be an old iron, has the right shape ...
[attachment=2245][attachment=2246]
(06-25-2014 09:19 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, hate to say it, Bones, but, maybe I should have an accident, myself. Would LOVE to go detecting everyday!!! Tongue Chuckle I think you should change your handle on here to the Bionic Man. All of that, and still out there digging Beer

It would take you an entire lifetime to detect 500 acres...if it's even possible. I'd feel like a kid in a candy store if I had a spot like that. Only thing I don't know how you deal with is the heat. How in the hell do you make it in the dense brush with all the heat, humidity & overgrowth?

Joe

usually soaked by the time i get to my spot, and its only a 15 min walk from the house ... i put in 2 - 4 hours per day in snake boots full cover and head nets ... no flip flops and shorts on my hunts ...  just swept right over a fat ass cotton mouth yesterday, he jumped one way i went the other ... sure keeps you on your toes ... if he would have had gold fangs i woulda stuck him in the bag too . i breed morph pythons and keep many snakes.
(06-25-2014 10:01 PM)DangItBobby Wrote: [ -> ]Man! We need to have a forum members hunt there! Lol. Such an awesome place you have there man. Great finds!

theres plenty of dirt and relics out here for all , as stated it will take me a life time to hunt this spot. if you hit on my pot-o-gold. dont forget the Bone man ....
(06-25-2014 10:32 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Your one crazy S.O.B. ...love it! Im originally from Ga,and have family in Tampa and Orlando...everyone says Fla has by far the worst drivers. 
I like snakes, grew up catching any snake,turtle or lizard that I could find. My son just got home,and brought home this...we usually dont kill them,but due to circumstances, its now dearly departed. Like your post man,keep em up!

nice little key chain you can make there.
we catch the pygmies almost daily,i have snatched up easterns barehanded.
usually just relocate them out the yard and across the street.
here`s a couple of my babies ...
[attachment=2255]
the woods behind me is my 500 acre patch of hunting ground ...
20 feet to detecting heaven
(06-25-2014 09:50 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]You got some interesting pieces there. That one thing you called and odd shaped piece looks like it could be the piece from under the barrel of a gun. Not sure what it's called but it's looks like barrel could sit right in the end of if you follow me on that.

PA, i was thinking , and hoping it could be another piece to the gun i have been digging.
but am not sure. are you able to grab a pic and post it of the part you think it could be.
Reference URL's