Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What are the best 9 volt rechargeable batteries you guys have used?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting ready for my F19's to come in and I'll be using one for myself a lot.  I'm going to give it a work out and want to use the latest and greatest 9 volt rechargeables.  Any of you already use some super batteries?
k, I use the Eneloop 2500Mah NiMh AA from Panasonic/Sanyo. I'm getting 18 hours of swing with each charge. They don't make them in 9V. For the price, I'd just get a 12 pack of the better Alkaline batteries. My Delta uses them and I get about 40 hours per battery. And from what I saw of the 9V rechargeables, the max is 600Mah, so they won't last too long in use and you'd have to be constantly recharging them. I got the 2500Mah for my SE Pro because I have it cranked up. It would otherwise "Eat" alkalines in about 12 to 14 hours.

Ed
(06-25-2014 08:13 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]It would otherwise "Eat" alkalines in about 12 to 14 hours.

Ed

That's the understatement of the year, Ed! I just buy multi packs of cheapies whenever I see a sale; a 20 pack for $5, etc. I had a bad experience using rechargables last year. I bought these batts called Pearstones. Great reviews and everything else. Worked excellent in the beginning, but, after about a month, my detector would just shut off a couple of times every hunt. I took the Pearstones out, put in Energizers, and the problem was solved. I think I'm going to try the rechargables again, though. I'm going to get the Eneloops, Ed. I'm literally throwing $$$ away on batteries.

Joe
The ones I'd steer you away from are the ones sold at Harbor Freight. They don't last long and every time I go to use them they seem to be dead , both the NiCd and Nimh. I would think batteries from the big manufacturers would work better but they're not very available around here for some reason. Getting them online means a lot of the cost is shipping which really puts me off. Sad

I have been experimenting with a recharger for alkaline batteries with fair success-- unfortunately the thing stopped working on the 9v batteries after the warranty croaked. It still does a good job charging the AA , Cs and Ds but won't charge the 9s unless you hum the right tune.

A fellow on TomD's site was advertising a charger for 9v  alkalines the other day--- a search of his site might be productive. I guess the issue with recharging alkalines is not over heating them by doing it too fast and memory.  As with so many things a "chip" can do it where the technology wasn't able to before. It might be some thing to think about.

I found it http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus...#msg-54704
Here's the setup I use. I said 2500Mah but there 2400. They do make them in 2550 I think. The more Mah, (milliampere hours) the longer they stay working. And the Eneloops do not lose charge in storage. 10% loss per year. That intellicharger i4 doesn't recharge 9V. It's for the 3.7 V Lithium rechargeables I use in my flashlights as well. The whole setup cost me around $55 from Amazon. I've recharged them about 10 times already and they say they're good for up to 1200 recharges. So I'm about to break even in the next few charges and I've been heavily using them for three months.
Reference URL's