Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st coin in a 100 year old coin spill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend brad and I have been detecting the old trails out in the mojave desert for the last 4 years, I came across this 5 coin spill about 2 miles east of hector,ca. This was the first coin I pulled out of the sand. 1913-s buff, the first buff, the front looks better than the back. Been looking for this one for a long time.

1909 v-nickel with full liberty.

1906 barber quarter in killer shape.

1910-s barber half dollar, a little corroded.

5th and biggest of the 5 1901-o morgan dollar. Woo-hoo love that old silver!
That quarter is in AMAZING shape, Leo!!! All are quite loverly Happy

Thanks for showing these, as I can daydream about detecting during the work week!

A few of you Cali guys go tectin in the desert. Curious, how deep are these finds on average? I'm guessing the dirt must be like concrete in some places, what with the dry, severe heat. Digging must be brutal sometimes, eh?

Joe
Sweet...someone lost a nice chunk of change back in the day...that v nic and barber quarter are in great shape.
Yeah that was alot of money I can imagine how terrible they felt when they checked and noticed their pocket was empty of coins . By then they were long gone all ready out of the area . Nice coin spill Leo ...
HH
Mike
Now thats a jackpot!
Hope yall are staying hydrated out there Wink

Congratz on those.
Beautiful coins.
WOW you found all of those in one hole. That's amazing. You say that is your first buffalo? Way to go.
OMG Leo. Nice detecting!! Congrats on all of them.Yes
Pittsburgwill, its not my first buff, its the first buff,1913-s.
well done Thanks for sharing with us...........Yes
reallly nice coins
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's