Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: ID help on a couple items.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Electro tub is still down till i pick up a new charger so i couldn’t get a good cleaning on them yet, but went ahead and gave them a light brushing to bring out a
few more of the contours of the items.
both items where pulled up just feet from several Brown bess or similar muzzle loader pieces that i have been digging up. so i was thinking they could be possible parts of the same gun. but i am not too familiar with all the parts. so any ID help or direction would help a lot.
thanks for peeking..

Bones ...

[attachment=2261][attachment=2262][attachment=2263][attachment=2264][attachment=2265][attachment=2266][attachment=2267][attachment=2268][attachment=2269]
(06-27-2014 11:08 AM)Zstarkey Wrote: [ -> ]The second one looks like it could be a bayonet of some sort.  The first one looks like a coat hook.  

I know for a fact that they made bayonets for them and there are all different styles of them

the item that looks like a  " coat hook "  has a large square screw in the front
and was attached to what appeared to be wood.
i was thinking a pommel of some sort or the metal butt of a small muzzle loader.
it was pulled up in the exact same 4 ft square spot that i dug up
the trigger guard, ram rod, ram rod ferrule, and several other gun parts.
i first thought brown bess or similar musket, but the ram rod i found is short
so was thinking musket pistol .
(06-28-2014 10:22 AM)I Dig History Wrote: [ -> ]I have looked at that first item for so lone it's giving me a head ache! I agree the second item appears to be some sort of bayonet.

i was thinking the same on the second item.
its a short one, i have seen them on short pistols as well as the larger rifles.
so im thinking a small hand gun bayonet from an old muzzle loader
Reference URL's