Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My worst nightmare..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I went out detecting for a few hours today. It was starting out kind slow. I found my first marble while digging a hole today though. I'm pretty happy about that, I've been keeping my eyes out for marbles almost since I started and have not found one till today. I found two wheat pennies and one terrible, almost unidentifiable Indian. After I got the Indian I was swinging along and all of a sudden... Snap! My arm rest broke! I never realized how much of a difference that thing made until the right side of mine broke. The worst part of the whole situation is... Today was the first day of one of my weeks vacation. I don't work at all next week. I planned on detecting a lot this week. Now I'm going to be crippled.. It's still under warranty but the claim won't get processed till Monday and if they ship the part out on Monday by chance I still won't get it till closer to the end of the week when I have a ton of things going on. It is my worst nightmare to have lots of free time to detect(not to mention it's vacation time so I'm on the clock) and have a broken detector...
Man that really sucks.  You gotta figure a way to rig it for now.  Maybe some super glue, duct tape, wire, string, something to hold it to your arm.
wow, a broken wing on vacation that would suck ....
my detector is permanently attached to the arm sorta like a 
prosthetitector i couldn't get around without it ... 
hope the rest of the vacation goes smooth.
maybe there`s a rental shop close by, we have a couple in our area.

have a great vacation ....
Yea man, you gotta figure out a way to fix it. I can prolly get out this comin up week
What machine?

Large PVC pipe section cut in half lengthwise.

Or the corrugated PVC drainage pipe

Velcro strap.  Just make a loop the size of your forearm.

Get creative and you will figure something out!!

Good luck!
That's a bummer for sure! Some of those suggestions above oughta work though. I never considered one of those things breaking. Good to know so you can have some kind of velcro strap laying around in wait if it does happen. When I got my first machine, the Delta, I said, "I don't need no stinking armrest.". Man, did I change my tune in a hurry.
(06-29-2014 02:13 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]What machine?

Large PVC pipe section cut in half lengthwise.

Or the corrugated PVC drainage pipe

Velcro strap.  Just make a loop the size of your forearm.

Get creative and you will figure something out!!

Good luck!

Good ideas man! The PVC pipe is a good one. I am defiantly rigging it up one way or another tonight. There is no way I'm going without one while I'm on my vacation days. I might as well just go to work if I can't detect on my days off!
Let us know how the PVC pipe worked .  there is also liquid nails that I have used in the past for broken items and it seemed to work well.

Any way you slice it it definitely puts soaker to your vacation.
Same thing happened to me on my Ace 250.  Solved it using the above mentioned PVC pipe solution...that was 4years ago.  I think this is an inherent flaw with the Garretts (shoddy plastics?)...my AT Pro is holding up thus far, but you never know!!!!
So what happened with the armrest fix?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's