Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Help with Ace 350
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just bought an Garrett ACE 350 as my first detector and i have been told it is a very good starting point.  My problem is that this weekend i was at my father in laws house and the thing was just going crazy.  it was reading all over the place so i thought it could be electrical interference or something like that but there wasnt any power lines or anything like that near his place.  I turned the sensitivity down to 2 bars just to get it to quit doing that and it would ping on a few places and tell me it was 2 to 4 inches deep and i could never find anything.  can anyone tell me what im doing wrong i know i need to get a new pin pointer because this accu-find that i got with it just sucks and i mean out right sucks the thing has to be touching the piece for it to even go off.  anybody have anything to say that could help me please!!!!!

thank you
Are you using fresh alkaline batteries?  Are they inserted correctly?  Could there be underground power or cable lines?  These things will cause big problems.
Yeah they are brand new batteries and there are no known underground cables.. I will check to make sure the batteries are inserted correctly but as they were in it from the factory i dont see why they wouldnt be
Is it a big yard? or were you detecting close to the house? If he has Wi-fi, that could do it. Or if you carry your phone on you that could possibly do it. And this isn't to sound rude, but do you wear steel toed boots? I've seen posts from people who didnt realize steel toed boots were causing their problems. Just thought i'd throw out a couple ideas
(06-30-2014 03:31 PM)DangItBobby Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a big yard? or were you detecting close to the house? If he has Wi-fi, that could do it. Or if you carry your phone on you that could possibly do it. And this isn't to sound rude, but do you wear steel toed boots? I've seen posts from people who didnt realize steel toed boots were causing their problems. Just thought i'd throw out a couple ideas

lol ... did that years ago, ran myself in circles chasing my own feet had on a pair of snake boots. extended the shaft another two inches ... problem solved .
also check the batteries, not if there dead or alive, but on my Garrett Ace 250 where the batteries go there are springs on both the neg and pos side of the battery slot, if the battery is not seated all the way in it can come on but act up
really i never knew a wifi signal could do that let alone a cellphone!!!! i dont use steel toe boots my buddy was thinking he had something in the ground till i told him he had steel toe boots on and then he was like uhhhh wow DUH!!!!
Also there could just be a whole lot of junk in the ground.  If you are using discrimination and there are nails and foil and other trash all over you will get a lot of noise from it.  The best way to tell this is to run it wide open with no disc.  
Make sure you ground balance properly.  Mineralized ground can cause a lot of false noise also.
The hits that say 2-4" could be very small pieces of junk right on the surface.  To test this cut a plug and resweep the hole and plug.  If the signal is gone it's a small piece of junk or hot rock very shallow in the plug.
If you think there is electrical interference hold the coil in the air and see if it goes away.  If it is interference in the air it will continue with the coil in the air.  I experienced this last week using the T2.  I turned sens way down and changed frequency.  Nothing helped.  I just had to walk until it stopped.
Lots of the time it is the sensitivity you are mostly going to run it down 2 notices maybe three. I didn't see where you live could be the ground is really hot that will drive detectors nuts. Have you tried it in another area. I would take it back to the place you bought it and have them check it out. Sorry but that's why we suggest to buy local. Most of them pinpointer you get with the deals are junk but make it look so sweet. I would call where ever you got it though
Good luck and keep us up to date
I dont believe the ACE 350 has a way to ground balance it.  but i was hunting in my yard last night and was doing awesome with it found alot of junk but found some pennies and stuff nothing too exciting but still fun to find anything at all really
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's