Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Haven't posted anything in a while.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Was able to get out for about 3 hours today.  Swinging in the desert gets pretty rough.  I found some cool stuff.  For those that don't know the back story, I hunt an old army camp from 1858.  I've been going out to the site for about 3 years.  

Today I found a .54 caliber minie, 4 percussion caps (the cross looking thing is a fired perc cap), pewter button, harness ring and a knapsack hook.  I love the buttons!!!
Thanks for looking.
The pic isn't that great, but good enough for you to see what is what.
Some nice relics-- you are in a good spot!!
good potential there!
Great finds.  That site just keeps giving.
Nice finds SLC!! I think the pic is great. If I found half those items, I wouldn't have any idea what they would be. Thanks for showing us. Now we know!!
wow sweet finds. it never gets old digging up the minie`s.
all very nice relics. nice when you can sweep over an area you have been working and still pull up the good stuff..  nice job  ...
Great finds there friend, looks like a fun day of digging!
VERY nice finds!!! As others have said, that spot has EXCELLENT potential Yes Curious, SLC...

What are the average temps by you this time of year?

Joe
(07-02-2014 08:38 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]VERY nice finds!!! As others have said, that spot has EXCELLENT potential :yes: Curious, SLC...

What are the average temps by you this time of year?

Joe

The temp gets up around 100 to 105.  Humidity is maybe 20%, so the heat is tolerable in small doses.  There is minimal shade out at that spot so 3 hours is about all I can do.  If it were 80% humidity, there's not a f@cking chance you'd catch me out after 10am!
Just got permission to hit an 1860's home.  Hopefully that will happen in the next few days.  Then I can post some coins.

(07-01-2014 12:40 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow sweet finds. it never gets old digging up the minie`s.
all very nice relics. nice when you can sweep over an area you have been working and still pull up the good stuff..  nice job  ...

Bones- yes, I could dig those all day.  Being in Utah, this spot is one of maybe 2 places to find civil war era military relics.  The area is massive.  5 to 6 square miles. 
So it's probably similar to your reserve.  Always a new spot to hunt but getting good signals isn't a given.
Reference URL's