Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: sweet find on first time out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
found a Maroc 50 frank coin. sorry for fuzzy pic but my phone is junk and takes crappy photos
Wow. nice find ... 
and on your first time out, congratulations !!!
im sure there are going to be many more great finds right behind it.

good job  ...
the house im hunting is dated back to the 1830's and only done the side yard found the coin, $4.00 in clad,and 2 bullets.
Congratulations. Keep hammering away at it from all angles.
COOL!!! Where does that coin originate from? I'd say you had a HELL of a good hunt Yes Show us more Happy

Joe
Coin is from Morocco . 1945 - 1951 
are you hunting in the US, pretty cool find ... 

here is a little info on your coin.
http://www.coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coin...n_ct_id=36
hunting in Burlington Iowa USA found it 6 inches down in the yard of a 1830's home my friend owns
(07-06-2014 02:00 AM)ffkevin29 Wrote: [ -> ]hunting in Burlington Iowa USA found it 6 inches down in the yard of a 1830's home my friend owns

That`s pretty cool,  makes you wonder who owned the home that would carry Moroccan money. can`t wait to see what you pull up from the other sides of the home.
gotta get out there take your time move slow, and dig everything, should find some more interesting things ... keep us posted on those great finds ...

H.H ...
(07-06-2014 09:57 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014 02:00 AM)ffkevin29 Wrote: [ -> ]hunting in Burlington Iowa USA found it 6 inches down in the yard of a 1830's home my friend owns

That`s pretty cool,  makes you wonder who owned the home that would carry Moroccan money. can`t wait to see what you pull up from the other sides of the home.
gotta get out there take your time move slow, and dig everything, should find some more interesting things ... keep us posted on those great finds ...

H.H ...
Nice! That's a first in Iowa I bet. Here's a link. Does it look like this?
http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1705.html
Another scenario might be somebody had a relative who was in North Africa after WWII and gave a nephew or a niece a coin from his travels.
Ya see Kevin, not that tough at all. Just have to keep at it. And if no one has detected the area before, then there have to be a couple of silvers around. Once you've finished cleaning up that area, go back and hit it again with the sensitivity turned up! GL & HH!!!!!

Ed
Great find.  I see many more in your future.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's