Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any IDea what it is ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled this up a couple weeks ago, just trying to see if anyone has an ID on it.
it has a small wire that is attached to one side of the small bowl, the wire appears to run inside the bowl, 
there are two screw holes, ( as seen in photo ), the shape itself is kinda odd as well.
i tried to lightly scrap out the bowl and noticed the wire running inside it.
i was unable to further clean out the bowl as whatever is in it is very hard and will not clean out without some hard digging or chipping, which i don`t want to do ... 
any IDeas what it may be ...
[attachment=2369][attachment=2370][attachment=2371][attachment=2372][attachment=2373][attachment=2374][attachment=2375][attachment=2376]
At first I thought telegraph key, but it's too small and there is no pivot arm connection. Only other idea I have is an old electrical point for an engine timing device.
I had thought the same thing about the telegraph piece, i have a tattoo foot pedal
that is kinda modelled after one with a similar shape. 
but the tiny wire was throwing me off.
[attachment=2377]
Some sorta electrical contact part.
Man I have looked at that thing for a long time, knowing it looked familiar, finally hit me, we used to have an old..I mean old garden tiller that had a ground kill switch that looks just like that I was always scared it would "bite" as a kid when would go to kill it. I googled looking for a pic to see if I was right never found a perfect match but these pics kind of look like it
[attachment=2540]
and
[attachment=2541]
and
this ebay link to a similar looking piece
Reference URL's