Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The Pile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Every year, I hoard all of my finds in a special finds drawer. I call it The Pile. At the end of the season when winter sets in, and I hang my detector up, I clear out The Pile and sort everything by type. The Pile is growing. Very satisfied. I was thinking about this today...

This pile only represents MAYBE 5 to 10% of what has filled my pouch. The other 90% being trash. A LOT of digging for this pile. This pile has probably taken me about 216 hours to accrue. Here's how I arrived at that number...

I hunt about 12 hours per week, on average. Probably a little more, but, I'll call it 12 hours. That's 48 hours per month. I started hunting in March - 4.5 months to present. 216 hours! Or, the equivalent of detecting non-stop, 24 hours per day, straight through for 9 days. Yep, sometimes I DO think I'm nuts Tongue

Joe
That's quite a pile and a lot of hours.  I wish I could find the time. I might get a chance this weekend.
Man you have quite a pile of goodies. look at all those silver coins. wow.
im afraid to calculate my time spent out in the woods detecting, i do on average 4 hours per day 7 days a week if weather permits . not too many days im not out there detecting. got 5 in yesterday and 5 today, and like you said, whats posted is maybe 5% of the total digs. tons of iron, tons of trash.
Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars, sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed
WoW!

Nice P I L E of stuff there Joe ;-)

That round object above the Buffalo nickel on the right - is that a Shield nickel??

Love the ring you found recently (and that large cent hiding in the mix)!

Okay - love all the silver too!

HH
(07-10-2014 08:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars,  sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed

Ha ha.  I love the old pulltabs.  I saw one for sale on eBay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171382809981?nav=SEARCH
(07-10-2014 08:40 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2014 08:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh hell yes that's a pile! The way you're going you're gonna need a bigger camera or another drawer. I do just the opposite of you Joe. I have everything separated out in chicken and beef bullion jars, spaghetti sauce jars,  sour cream and cake icing containers. And cigar boxes for the big stuff. Got a whole antique secretary topped out full of stuff. And one container for Pittsburg Will which I'm filling with old pull tabs I find.Chuckle (Seriously!)

Ed

Ha ha.  I love the old pulltabs.  I saw one for sale on eBay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171382809981?nav=SEARCH

LMFAO if it sells at .99 cents each. im gonna be a millionaire soon ...
Holy crap! Maybe I won't send them to you. I find those damn things all the time. And wheats! Who woulda thought the damn pull tabs were actually worth anything. OMG, I gotta check the pile, I may be more well off than I thought.
I've dug a lot of pulltabs, but only 1 or 2 of those original type.  I put that listing on watch to see if anyone actually buys it.
At .99 cents each i know i have thrown away 100 bucks of the exact same tabs in the past two months ... 
i`ll be saving my pull tabs now ...too funny .
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's