Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: the lot that keeps giving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a lot here in hemet,ca. We call the menlo lot( because its on a street called menlo) my friends and I have easily pulled out 150 silver coins and jewelery and relics etc. I was out there detecting after work 4 weeks ago and just after the sun went down, I get a killer quarter signal - first thing I thought - 65 quarter - I dug up the coin and too my surprise it was a 63-d franklin, love that big silver!
Man that lot has been so good to you over the years it's crazy . Been a long time since I've found big silver and it seems you dig them every where . Congrats on the Franklin ..
HH
Mike
Super dig! Amazing how beautiful the coin designs were back in the day. I can't imagine a detectorist saying the same thing about 30 years from now when he digs a memorial Tongue They truly don't make'm like they used to Yes

Joe
I don't think the new zinc pennies will last 30 yrs under ground. They seem to dissolve. The clad quarters nickel and dimes discolor so bad that there won't be many dug coins in good shape. There's nothing like silver coins except the rare gold coin.
Nice find there Ron !!!
Sweet catch ..
Reference URL's