Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: PERFECT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is EXACTLY the way I wish to go out!!! I'm serious. What a brilliant idea! Who's going to be my detector bearers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tre...or-3835113

Joe
thats really cool of his buddies.
i`ll likely be found in a hundred yeas with my feet poking out a hole i dug while detecting...
Seems the old fella was respected enough by his local enthusiasts to be honored in that very special way. If your wife tells me, I'll be there with the minelab. Me though, I'm going to have my ashes separated out in 40 of those fancy little brass art jars with my name and DOB, DOD engraved and my kids are going to bury them in every favorite place we were ever to. (Which is a hell of a lot places near and far!) That way future detectorists will have an overload and find me all over again. Hopefully to return me to the soil from which I came. Or, just maybe, display me somewhere where I can keep a watchful eye on things.Laughing
I'm never gonna die.
I think that it is cool, but kind of strange too.

I think Ed has a great idea with the little jars spread out all over the place.
(07-11-2014 04:57 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it is cool, but kind of strange too.

I think Ed has a great idea with the little jars spread out all over the place.

Actually, yes, Ed has an unbelievable idea, however, I don't want to be burned. I know, I know, I'm gonna be dead, I won't feel a thing, but...

I'm assuming you, I & everyone else here, has never been dead before (if you have, please announce yourself). So, we really don't know WHAT we will feel/won't feel when we kick the bucket. My luck, I'll be able to feel myself being burned to a cinder. Furthermore...

Even if I COULDN'T feel anything, being burned still gives me the heebee geebies. Simply being buried in the ground presents challenges for me; claustrophobia, dirt, bugs, etc. I want to go into a mausoleum. See...

You know you're a high strung individual (like me) when I'm even worried about being stressed out in death!

Remember that episode of Seinfeld when George was having lunch with the old man in the diner? "Aren't you afraid to go to sleep at night?", "Don't you think about dying every minute of the day? How can you just sit here eating & enjoying yourself when you know it can happen at anytime, how can you live like that?". Hahaha, my feelings, exactly.

Joe
Never thought about that. maybe there is some part of us that still feels the pain after death. would all of our cells die at once or die out in time. 
think i would rather return to the dirt, and allow nature to consume me naturally,
 than be burned and wasted, or manhandled and posed in a monkey suit that i wouldn`t have been caught alive in.
Reference URL's