Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It's Too Hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gerry F. & I hit the dirt again, today. It wasn't so bad out, 'only' 85 with off the charts humidity No Can't wait until the Fall.

We were hunting an old park, when one of the neighbors of that Indian guy's who's house I hunted a couple of weeks ago walked by. He remembered me, and we shot the shit a little while. He then asked if we wanted to come over and search his yard. The house was built around the turn of the century, and we were picturing a field day. The guy said when he got back from his daily walk through the neighborhood, he'd take us over to his place. We were so excited (and hot), we hardly hunted the park, we just waited for this guy to get back, like 2 kids the night before Christmas, lol.
Long story short...

This guy has a tiny plot of land, and it was ALL filled Headbang Nothing but clad and a few wheats for both Gerry & I.

My best finds of the day (both from the park) were the sterling silver ring, and the good luck token, plus a couple of wheaties. We'll get'm next time!!!

P.S. - Apparently, this guy owns several properties, as he was reeling them off like the alphabet. One of them, according to him, is from the mid 1800's. He told me to call him anytime to hunt any of them. Very nice gentleman. I might go check them out next week.

Joe
hell, you did better than me, i did the idiot dead battery day.
walked  over a mile in 90+ heat and deadly humidity through the woods. started going and the darned batteries where dead. 
sweat my ass off and got eaten alive by mosquitoes and yellow flies and didnt even get a .99 cent pop top to sell  ...
Joe. Anticipation of virgin territory is a killer. But you had some nice finds in the park for sure. That ring is fabulous! Spring in NY/NJ is to die for. Summer is a swelter. I will absolutely never forget late July afternoons getting down into the subway at Wall St. Station to head for Woodlawn where I sometimes parked my car at the end of the North line. Until I wised up and got monthly Metro North tickets. But I still had to make connections to Grand Central. I spent all day here out in the sun trimming soccer goals and some time in the shade trimming dead wood off the trees. I'm now shaved bald as a cucumber to beat the mild 81F heat. I just can't take it anymore. August is coming and it will be time for ice water towels for sure.

BONES! I don't know about that kind of heat there. I definitely can't take it. I was in Miami once changing flights and stepped out for a smoke. In August. That's the last time I'll do that! I always try and carry a spare pack of charged batteries. Sometimes I fuck up too. It happens.

Ed
Good digs Joe! Cool ring ;-)

HH
Reference URL's