Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Just checking in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't posted anything in awhile, because I haven't been diggin in awhile.  I did get out for a little diggin yesterday.  I hit a park that I wanted to hunt around the field area.  Shortly after I go there football players started showing up.  I would not have stayed in that spot long anyway, because I was sweating my nads off and the ground was hard and dry.  No fun at all.  I can't believe these guys were there practicing in pads.  So I headed for the shady woods where I found some old coins and mini rail spikes before.  If I knew I was gonna end up there I would have brought the T2 with small coil instead of the TDI.  Didn't find anything worth showing.  I got a hot wheels car, a few clad coins, and some bottle caps and junk.
Anyways.  I been keeping busy with the little guy.  It's summer vacation, so I can't let him get too bored.  We've been doing a little fishing and going to free summer concerts.  Last Friday we saw the Marshall Tucker Band.  That was a great show.  The opener was a local band called Sicksense.  The drummer threw his sticks at the end of their set and Og got one.  Then he got three members of the band to sign it.  So I bought him a Sicksense hat and they gave him a free CD.  He was a happy boy.  The week before was the 4th.  We saw Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers that night right before the big fireworks.  Before the show that night we met Joe Grushecky and he gave Og one of his used guitar picks.  Then when they were playing we were right in front of the stage and the other guitar player reached down and handed Og the guitar pick that he was using right then.  That was awesome man.  I can't tell you how happy that kid was.  Moments like that makes not getting much detecting time in not so bad.  We're having a blast.  Next Friday is the Bastard Bearded Irishmen.  Guess who's gonna be in the front row.
That's awesome!  How old is he?  Those moments will stay with him forever. 
Good work, dad. 

"Heard it in a love song....can't be wrong."
Marshall Tucker
Awesome read. glad you are having a great time enjoying the summer with your son. they grow up way to fast, and there is no greater treasure than time with your family.
all the stuff in the dirt will still be there when you get around to it. 
very cool your boy was able to get the drum stick and other items, and signed at that, that will definitely be a memory he will never forget. might be a fun summer project together to build a small display box for the wall with his gifts from the concert. 
my daughter turned 22 on July 2nd. i would do anything to turn back the clocks and enjoy the younger years with her all over again. 

enjoy your summer with your son .. 

Bones ...
(07-13-2014 10:12 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's awesome!  How old is he?  Those moments will stay with him forever. 
Good work, dad. 

"Heard it in a love song....can't be wrong."
Marshall Tucker

He's gonna be 7 next month.  He still thinks Dad is the best guy around.

Marshall Tucker was amazing.  Those guys have been rockin since before I was born and they still don't miss a beat.
Dude, nice! We get so caught up in this treasure stuff sometimes, it's easy to lose sight of what's REALLY important Yes I detected last Friday, and took yesterday & today off to (like you) spend some time with my son, Jesse. Just simple stuff; going to the park, the duck pond, riding his bike and stuff like that, but, it's not the activity, it's the TIME SPENT TOGETHER that's the gift. Although...

Meeting celebrities and getting drumsticks and guitar picks is pretty kickass. Og gets you backstage access better than the bands roadie!!!

We aren't going anywhere, Will. We'll be right here waiting for the next great post Happy

Joe
(07-13-2014 10:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, nice! We get so caught up in this treasure stuff sometimes, it's easy to lose sight of what's REALLY important Yes I detected last Friday, and took yesterday & today off to (like you) spend some time with my son, Jesse. Just simple stuff; going to the park, the duck pond, riding his bike and stuff like that, but, it's not the activity, it's the TIME SPENT TOGETHER that's the gift. Although...

Meeting celebrities and getting drumsticks and guitar picks is pretty kickass. Og gets you backstage access better than the bands roadie!!!

We aren't going anywhere, Will. We'll be right here waiting for the next great post Happy

Joe

You're right Joe.  It doesn't matter what you are doing as long as you're having good times.  I didn't have much of a Dad when I was a kid.  I want my boy's life to be better.  That's what being a Dad is all about right?  

Bones.  I know I am gonna miss these days when he gets older.  I have to cherish them now.
Will,

Marshall Tucker is one of the greatest all time bands. So you don't get to detect, meaningless in relationship to what quality time you spend with your son. I have grandkids now. They want to play Halo something with me on big flatscreen TV's. My children call me for advice which I give wholeheartedly. But those memories of the concerts and the fishing and the time you spend together will last forever in Og. We are, as parents, timepieces in a way, giving our time to them and getting their memories of us in return. Just like a Merc or a Barber. We leave a legacy!

Outstanding! Have the best of fun bro!

We'll be here.

Ed
Reference URL's