Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: In Honor of Bones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bones, to honor your fantastic burned nickel, which I feel should be in your old workplace, The Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, figured I'd show you just ONE of the delights that we have the privilege of digging up every now & then, here in NJ Big Grin

Feast your eyes on this prize. Isn't she a beauty?!?!?!

Joe
Lol ... ty .. those zinc pennies dont hold up to well in the dirt now a days. 
maybe i`ll offer it to Ripley`s see what they say.
Tongue I got a real iffy signal this afternoon, and it was deep. My favorite kind to dig. Go down about 9" and the corroded penny pops out. You & your nickel were the first things I thought of, lol. Amazing how coins can come out looking sometimes. Did you get out today?

Joe
got out for about 30 minutes, it was so hot, and the AT was acting up, it would get a signal then loose it, it hasn`t done that before. it was driving me crazy, wife had to usher me home before i beat it against a tree ...  i was able to dig up three large brass snaps. one still had some leather in the cracks. so must be off an older leather pack of some kind ... other than that just a lot of bug bites . 
got myself kinda spoiled in this spot. if i dont dig up a colonial era something each trip i get pissy ... might need to hit the beach for a few trips and dig up some trash just to reset myself ...
[attachment=2464]
sorry for the crappy pic. had to use phone ...
Is the buff just for size, or, did you find that, too? I've never pulled a buff that looked like that. Ours are normally a $hit brown color & cruddy. Bones, I'm not a heat lover, some people are. Never liked it. I'm the type of person that'll crack the windows in the winter. The way I see it is...

Too cold, and I can always bundle up to neutralize. Too hot, and you have no options. I don't know how you do it, brother, and that's a compliment. You got the heat, the humidity, you're hunting in god awful thick brush, the skeeters alone would drive me mad! What are your winters, about 60ish, yes?

Joe
That would be a kick if Ripleys actually took it for the show. I wonder what the genius at the treasury was thinking when he put copper over a zinc round. Maybe he used to work for a battery company.

And BONES, I've been in Jacksonville when December weather forces those little little lizards inside so I know it gets cold, but man, you better be hydrating a lot, that kinda weather can kill you. I hate Florida summers. I really don't know how you guys can tolerate it.

Ed
(07-14-2014 09:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Is the buff just for size, or, did you find that, too? I've never pulled a buff that looked like that. Ours are normally a $hit brown color & cruddy. Bones, I'm not a heat lover, some people are. Never liked it. I'm the type of person that'll crack the windows in the winter. The way I see it is...

Too cold, and I can always bundle up to neutralize. Too hot, and you have no options. I don't know how you do it, brother, and that's a compliment. You got the heat, the humidity, you're hunting in god awful thick brush, the skeeters alone would drive me mad! What are your winters, about 60ish, yes?

Joe

Buff is just for size .... it is hell down here. usually drenched before i even get to my hunting spots. you guys have all the luck on the silver up your way, i dont dig too much in the silver coin dept, but i have been in to numismatics for a long time and have a nice little hoard packed up around here somewhere. also into antiques, south American pottery, rare books. pre 1900`s and pioneer era postal cards and quite a few other goodies. not sure if you guys do the Facebook thingy but here is a link to my postcard page ... 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintagepo...8072120226
working on pages for my other collections .
[/quote]

Buff is just for size .... it is hell down here. usually drenched before i even get to my hunting spots. you guys have all the luck on the silver up your way, i dont dig too much in the silver coin dept, but i have been in to numismatics for a long time and have a nice little hoard packed up around here somewhere. also into antiques, south American pottery, rare books. pre 1900`s and pioneer era postal cards and quite a few other goodies. not sure if you guys do the Facebook thingy but here is a link to my postcard page ... 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintagepo...8072120226
working on pages for my other collections .
[/quote]

BONES!!!

NEAT!!!!! Nice Job!
Reference URL's