Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im going detecting till noon on sat,so after 1pm CA. Time is cool or on friday would be better.
(07-15-2014 10:38 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so you know what I mean about pinpointing with different detectors and coils.  I do think that ground moisture has a lot to do with a lot of things.  Sometimes pinpoint mode is basically useless in the trash.  You just have to try and narrow it down to where the nice tone is.  Yep that can cause some big holes.

Will, yes that works with the Delta, but the minelab takes some getting used to. A lot of the fellas dig tones and forget about the numbers. I can't "see" that as yet so I'm using the approach of combining the two. Especially in a lot of real trashy or irony sites. As is with the Delta, the ML SE Pro in PP mode has no discrimination unless you turn your sensitivity way down and test the area. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, and you have to use both tone and the highest set of numbers related to good targets to get the best center possible. I've turned PP on on the SE in some areas and got full blown 31-31 iron on every pass no matter where I clock it. In that case I switch to the "Hop and Jiggle" in detect mode and do a circle around the target. Then it's best guess from there. It works though, and I've found a pile of wheats that way, which is why I like the SE so much. Unlike the Delta, which is a great machine, I can see Fe and Co numbers related to a target and hear a tone, brief as some may be, with all the surrounding iron to boot. Discrimination on targets with the SE is superb!!! And the options give you the ability to task a spot. But it takes a while to understand what the machine is telling you under those circumstances. Joe, Leo and Ron, and probably a few others have this "Down Pat.". That's why they kill so much silver.

Ed

(07-15-2014 11:22 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Im going detecting till noon on sat,so after 1pm CA. Time is cool or on friday would be better.

Okay Leo,

I'm off work Friday at Noon Eastern and headed for a new site . I'll call you Friday around 4 pm Eastern.

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's