Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took an hour over at that area I found the 37 Merc at and got squat except for more car parts and iron. Moved to an area I've hunted but went outside of the picnic areas to some trees near the road. Found 2 wheats, a 45 and 48D in the first five minutes in the same hole 3 inches apart. And then, 2 feet away, down about 5 inches, out pops a screaming 1945 Philly Washington, which I again nicked with the trowel (and this is an 8" diameter plug folks). So I keep going and find 2 more wheats five feet away, separately about 2 feet apart, but buried in what looked to be road slag, as the PP just went crazy in the hole, but I followed the hardest signal and dug it out BY HAND, so as not to repeat my mistake with the quarter. But the SE Pro told me there was something there. So I dug em!

GL & HH

Ed
[attachment=2465]
[attachment=2466]
Man you guys are killing the coins ...
nice catch on that silver quarter and the wheats... i have definitely been lagging this year on the coinage and silver ...
BONES! Crap man you pull some gem relics out down there. If you saw me empty my trash pouch, you'd get sick. If I dig one more broken wine bottle neck with the cap on I'm going to post it. Shit.... I should start a collection of them. And the beer of choice at one of the parks is Corona Extra, I swear to God almighty!

Ed
Sweet! Nice quarter man! I don't even care when I hit em'!! I try not to but I would rather have scratched and dinged silver than no silver at all!! Congrats on the Washington!!
Ed, I see the sound of the 'tinkling glass' is something you've become accustomed to Yes Very nice indeed, sir...and BIG silver, to boot! You've got a winner of a spot on your hands. Make sure nobody is following you! Tongue

Joe
Sweet quarter.  It seems like forever since I dug one of those.  You have trouble pinpointing?  I haven't used a ML machine.  How are they at pinpointing?  I noticed that they come with big coils.  That can make it tough.  I know some detectors are much better pinpointing than others.  For example.  I have an F2 and with the stock 8" coil it has precise pinpoint accuracy.  I got the 11" DD coil and that one is much harder to pinpoint with.  The F2 11" coil is the exact same design as my T2 11" coil and the T2 is much better than the F2 pinpointing with the 11" coil.  Just some thought.  Nice hunting.
Nice silver,show us some more. Congrats!
Congrats on the silver Washington Ohio

always a welcome find ;-)

HH
(07-15-2014 06:14 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet quarter.  It seems like forever since I dug one of those.  You have trouble pinpointing?  I haven't used a ML machine.  How are they at pinpointing?  I noticed that they come with big coils.  That can make it tough.  I know some detectors are much better pinpointing than others.  For example.  I have an F2 and with the stock 8" coil it has precise pinpoint accuracy.  I got the 11" DD coil and that one is much harder to pinpoint with.  The F2 11" coil is the exact same design as my T2 11" coil and the T2 is much better than the F2 pinpointing with the 11" coil.  Just some thought.  Nice hunting.

Will, thanks!! And a 1945 P but that's strange because I found a 1945S about a month ago. If a 45 D pops up next that's going to be real strange.

On my Delta the 8" concentric PP is perfect, as is the 13" Ultimate. But with the Ultimate I have to raise the coil a bit to make it really work. The 5x10 is tough in heavy trash but clear as a bell without much surrounding it, although I guess it depends on how wet the ground is because in dry ground I found a Merc last year 1" from a ringed pulltab with it.

The ML is okay with the 8x6 SEF being the easiest. Unless there's a lot of surrounding trash. The 12x10 SEF and the 11" Pro Coil I have to handle like the Ultimate on the Delta, and if there's a lot of trash it's pretty tough to pinpoint. Alot of the time I turn my sensitivity way down and that helps a great deal. The "Hop and Jiggle" method works the best to really target with the big coils. Although sometimes I will take three plugs out in a sort of circle before I find the target. I did that today to find 2 wheats that were about 6 inches down in heavy trash. Process of elimination I guess.

I think your remark of the other day rings true that if the ground is wet the iron plays heck with the signals. Just not quite dry seems to give the best signal response.

Ed

(07-15-2014 08:31 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Nice silver,show us some more. Congrats!
Leo,

Went over there today for about 2 hours and found a couple of wheats and some clad and a chrome plated kids ring but the slag in that area plays hell with the response. Gotta dig all over the place to find the target. Going to move to a new area on Saturday.

Did you get through with that move yet? I want to call you and pick your brain about a few things on the SE. Saturday OK?

Ed

(07-14-2014 09:27 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet! Nice quarter man! I don't even care when I hit em'!! I try not to but I would rather have scratched and dinged silver than no silver at all!! Congrats on the Washington!!

Thanks PA and Michigan. The way I'm going after it now, there'll be more a coming!!
Ok so you know what I mean about pinpointing with different detectors and coils.  I do think that ground moisture has a lot to do with a lot of things.  Sometimes pinpoint mode is basically useless in the trash.  You just have to try and narrow it down to where the nice tone is.  Yep that can cause some big holes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's