Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I'm Clueless...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have one of those in a pile somewhere too!!
yo YO YO ... getting a little strange up in here ...

my guess would be the male side to some kind of riveted button .
Seems more like a top to something...like Joe said,about the size of half dollar.
Noticed something.
Didn't even notice that, Ed, good eye! Gotta see if I can make it out. You know...

I don't lose sleep over not knowing what a lot of the stuff I find is, but, it DOES aggravate me. I like for there to be a back story on a piece. A neat ending. Just having a 'thing' sitting in a drawer doesn't satisfy me. I enjoy being able to pick up a piece and show to a friend or relative, and give them the story on it. Sadly, I have MANY whatzits lining my shelves and drawers that will never get their proper due.

Joe
looks like the back of a snap button
Spreader plates from adjustable nozzles
better late than never, after my second one I recently dug I had to find clues to this mystery item. not a hundred percent sure but im 99% sure that is part of an old pully in my case it makes sense because mine have all been dug in gold rush camps,  I believe it was part of an old mining machine of some sort or another probably universal though. just a thought, I don't think mine came off a nozzle due to the sites if found them in predating the hydraulic mining boom, could be a possibility though.
Thank you! That's a good possibility Yes

Joe
Think Bones is on the right path.  Does kinda look like a rivet.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/178449630/1...ref=market

kinda.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's