Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last weekend's haul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't posted in awhile, so here you go......most of my stuff from last weekend.  From a mountain area near my home.  Nothing extremely valuable...... NO coins (bummer!!).
Very cool, i really like the old knives and buckles.
and that odd tear drop looking item, any clue what that was.

nice hunt. ...
Cool stuff.  I'm wondering what that fancy looking piece might be too.
Nice collection there Doc! I'm going to guess that the 4 1/2 inch teardrop thingy with the holes in it is a very old leather working tool.

Ed
(07-17-2014 02:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice collection there Doc! I'm going to guess that the 4 1/2 inch teardrop thingy with the holes in it is a very old leather working tool.

Ed

Actually it's a fire-starting iron--you know, struck against flint to make a spark--widely used until matches were invented in the 19th century (and in some very primitive rural areas right up 'til the early 20th century!).  Folks would carry them on a string or strap, or in a leather pouch together with the flint and some dry grass.  I've found alot of them over the years and have a pretty large collection dating from the celtic period through middle ages and later!!
Firestarter is badass man!
Your collection would look awesome all mounted on on a nice peice of wood!
Just a matter of time until a nice coin pops out of there.  Looks like a pretty good site!
The relic DR. is in.
that is the nicest fire starter I have ever seen!  NICE
Outstanding collection of relics for one dig!!!
Reference URL's