Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Watch those Mosquitos!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of articles that should be a must read for all of us that are out in the woods or fields and are bothered by these little vampires.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/19/5916249/chi...-explained

&

http://www.wallstreetotc.com/massachuset...mer/25986/

Enjoy!!

Ed
I use Deep woods off the green can for years now. The mosquitos will just fly around and not land on me.Also works to keep ticks off . But who knows what it is doing to me.
Bullet, that's what I use mainly as well. I carry a small 1 oz. container of Repel 100 also which is strong stuff and they even tell you in the instructions not to use it directly on your skin. Just clothing. I'm a rare one in that I'm a mosquito MAGNET. If I'm swinging grass 6 feet from the woodline they come and GET ME in droves! Sometimes so much that I don my mosquito head net to keep em out of my eyes and off my cheeks. Maybe I just take too many showers. Laughing Same goes for me with the long term exposure, who knows what this stuff does if it's used too long and consistently. I remember when we were kids we'd carry those burning punk sticks and they worked pretty well.

Ed
several new cases of it down here in Florida this week as well.
I'm one of those guys who has about 6 cans of OFF in my car, sun block, hand sanitizer, etc., etc., etc., but, I'm always too lazy to put anything on, unless I'm going into the woods. I know, stupid, but, that's just me. I also hate being sticky with all that crap on my skin. Thanks for the article, Ed, made me re-think my stupidity! Now if it can only make me remember my detector after a hunt Tongue

Joe
Thanks Joe.

The info could be an issue for any of us and family. It's a big biggie about your detector though. Calm down, count to ten, take a deep breath, look around and pace yourself. If you knew how many times I've left my digger, PP or flashlight laying near the last hole you'd piss your pants laughing. I've lost three flashlights so far in my career as an MD'r!

Ed
Has anyone ever tried  the laundry softener sheets trick--you know , the one's you put in the dryer. Supposed to repel all sorts of bugs if you put them in your pockets.
Does it work?
Skeeters aren't much of an issue out here but if they're around they're starving to death.
Dusty,

You know I heard that somewhere but I've never tried it. You're a very lucky guy to not have them. They are a gigantic PIA. And once I do get bitten, because I have an accelerated immune system from birth, I start itching all over and have to take a Benadryl. Then I want to go to sleep. It's a wonderful life!

Ed
Reference URL's