Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another bunch of Stuff!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spent the last two days out swinging. No silver but a couple of interesting finds.

Thanks for the eyeball and if you've got any ideas please post them.

Ed
cool bunch of stuff.
Percussion cap.  100%. 
1948 Studebaker Emblem.

Nice finds!  The only advice I could give is to get out of the parks!  Go find some old homes to hunt.  That's going to be your best bet in finding silver, if that's what your after.  Although, if I could find Studebaker emblems, I'd be pretty happy.

Should have added that the Studebaker is the Champion model.  Here's a pic of the whole car.
SLC you are the FLIPPIN' Neo!!!!!

Thanks man!!!! I kinda knew it was Studebaker but couldn't find the date. 1948 wrang up like a MORGAN at 12 inches down. I had the heart a thumping there for a while. I thought at first I had a geo marker or an old brass drain pipe cover when it finally appeared in the hole. Took me 10 minutes to get it out of a four inch hole.

The percussion cap has no markings whatsoever except for a thin and long rectangular firing pin mark along the side on the back of the cap. Any ideas on that?

Going to another old park tomorrow with my son. It's still out there, but I know, I have to make the leap!

Thanks again man!!!!!

Ed
That's some cool finds.  Time spent in the grass is a good time.
Anytime, my friend!  Good luck at the old park.  I just watched a few YouTube vids that I believe come from your state. Diggin with Eddie.  He finds all sorts of oldies in the parks. 
Speaking of Morgans, I was out Thursday night with utahdesertrat.  We hit a few curb lawns/tree lawns.  I found about $3 in clad, no wheats all modern clad. He finds a Buffalo, a Merc and.......an 1878-s Morgan!  Couldn't believe it.  I was and still am happy for him.
Looks to me your gold filled butterfly is a guardian angel pendant. No clue on the mystery item.
Cool digs Ed

Looks like you're stockin up on coins!

Beer
Well, there's gotta be silver there, too, if you found a friggin Studebaker emblem in the dirt Yes Nice finds!!! There's still a LOT of stuff left in the parks, the problem is, digging through tons of junk & fill to get it, which is why I think you've been very wise to go off into the woods a lot lately Wink

Joe
(11-10-2014 07:34 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's gotta be silver there, too, if you found a friggin Studebaker emblem in the dirt Yes Nice finds!!! There's still a LOT of stuff left in the parks, the problem is, digging through tons of junk & fill to get it, which is why I think you've been very wise to go off into the woods a lot lately Wink

Joe

Joe,

I found that 1942 Walker Half in the same park! And the 1903 (07)? Barber Quarter. And the 40%'r 1966 Kennedy, And about five dimes so far. IN THE WOODS!!!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's