Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Down town huntin today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Met up with my buddy Dan(Captn) and a couple other hunters Joe & Joe to try our luck at some oldies in one of the older parks here in LA . This park over the years has produced many a silver coin , jewelry , relics etc . Always like going back cause you never no what your going to dig from there . First we decided to hunt this one area where a couple years ago I had dug my Seated CC Dime . It was tuff and after a few hours all I had to show for was clad and most of those coins were dug in the 6 to 9 inch range . We were just about to call a lunch break when I finally dug my first keeper a 1944s Merc at only 6 inches . So lunch it was and after we decided to move over to a different section of the park to see if our luck would be any better . No more than maybe ten minutes of swinging and a couple digs later I struck silver again a 1954d Rosie at about 5 inches . This section of the park a couple years ago had about a foot of surface soil and turf removed so the coins we find in this area would have been way beyond our reach years back . The rest of my day was pretty much how I started with just deep clad and a few pieces of trash . Shortly before we called it for the day I dug my only wheatie a 1945s just under the surface of the dirt . Happy day for me and we all had a good time .
Thanks,
HH
Mike
Nice, Rat!!! Sounds like my parks. Gotta go at least 5, 6 inches to get any silver. I walk right past any signals 3" or less...clad or trash. Did you forget something???
You almost had the trifecta! Nice one buddy Yes Hope you're able to get out tomorrow, either way though, have a GREAT 4th!!!

P.S. - What's the tin thing the coins are sitting on? Did you find that today? That's cool!

Joe
Ill take that ratio..actually lll take any silver right now...major slump.
Thanks Joe and Ray ! The coins are sitting on top of an old facial cold cream jar with lid that I dug years back . I used it just to have some back ground in the picture . Have a great 4th of July everyone ...
Thanks guys ,
HH
Mike
(07-03-2013 09:00 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Ill take that ratio..actually lll take any silver right now...major slump.

Ha!!! Join the club, buddy! I'm the first in line, lol. No silver for 3 consecutive weekends now, I'm hoping to break this streak tomorrow Yes Don't let the dirt win, Ray, git your huntin boots on and hit the streets Cool Happy 4th!

Joe
(07-03-2013 09:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2013 09:00 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Ill take that ratio..actually lll take any silver right now...major slump.

Ha!!! Join the club, buddy! I'm the first in line, lol. No silver for 3 consecutive weekends now, I'm hoping to break this streak tomorrow Yes Don't let the dirt win, Ray, git your huntin boots on and hit the streets Cool Happy 4th!

Joe

Seateds and Barbers from both of you guys I can sense it !
HH
Mike
My luck lately, this is the only seated n barber for me...
That pic is hilarious Joe ! LoL ! He looks stressed out big time !
HH
Mike
Silver in the pouch is a good day in any park these days!!

Relic hunting is a whole new ball game. a silver every 2-3 months is not bad!! But when you get one, it is usually old.

Congrats on the silver!
Nice to see your still getting silver over there. I think Tuesday I will be out there.
Reference URL's