Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Question about a spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's a spot 15 minutes away where a house was just torn down last week. The house was from 1849. The town owns the property now so do you think I can just go detect it? I've asked the town before about detecting areas they own, like parks and stuff and they don't care. But I'm not sure if this would be different. Just wondering what you guys would do
Dang it Bobby.  If I was sure the town ones it I would just go for it.  If the cops say anything just pack up and leave.
(07-23-2014 11:36 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it Bobby.  If I was sure the town ones it I would just go for it.  If the cops say anything just pack up and leave.

Yea, thats what i was thinking. The cops in that town are a little overzealous, so hopefully they wont come by. Its on a dead end road luckily
I also think you would be ok, at the worst asked to leave, the home is a recent tear down so until they start to show signs of redeveloping it i think you would be doing no harm . if you have asked in the past and been given permission on other spots, maybe that same person would be ok with this spot.
(07-23-2014 12:28 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]I also think you would be ok, at the worst asked to leave, the home is a recent tear down so until they start to show signs of redeveloping it i think you would be doing no harm . if you have asked in the past and been given permission on other spots, maybe that same person would be ok with this spot.

Yea, im just going to go for it. The family who owned the house before the town bought it still own a side lot next to it and they gave me permission to do that so even if someone did say to stop i can just go back over to the side lot
Could be kinda dodgy with the town owning it, but, I doubt you'll get hassled. Especially if it's tucked away down a dead-end & you just keep to yourself. As others said, in the event you DO have a problem, just apologize, mention that you didn't see any signs preventing detecting, then go on your way. Always helps to play the role of Mr. Dumbass when doing something like this. Fortunately, I don't need to play the role, it comes naturally Tongue

Joe
Haha Joe! I will be sure to play mr stupidity if it ends up calling for that
Go for it. I agree with Joe , hunt until asked to leave or not.
You pay taxes right? Give yourself permission.
Seriously,I used to hit city property all the time around here. That $20 gold coin I got came from one. Good luck!
(07-23-2014 11:36 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it Bobby.  If I was sure the town ones it I would just go for it.  If the cops say anything just pack up and leave.

I concur if you are 100% sure that the town owns it and they have told you they don't care that you detect on town property then go for it.  worst case scenario would be the cops get called and you get run off.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's