Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: hope the drought is over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to the city this morning to grab a few things at the outdoor store. Brought along the gbpro and drove around the ghetto to see if anything was happening. Spotted a small demo,and my buddy Dan was already there. Guess its been going on for awhile,didnt get the memo. Right away got a seated dime.SWEET, been living vicariously through Joe and Ron. By this time another old timer named Bob showed up. I found the second seated,and Bob decided to come to my area and jump in front of me...and immedietly pulled out a 1831 Bust quarter...bastard! Ended the morning with a barberdime,a crusty shield nickel and a toasted V. Hope this is the beginning of making finds again,havent found crap in months! Going on a prospecting trip next week,hopefully find some yella.
Can't go wrong with that. Good finds man! Too bad ya didnt get that quarter
nice catch on the silver coinage.
sounds like the hunters where swarming like buzzards.
Ray, you're back!!! I thought you retired from the hobby and took up knitting instead!!! This deserves a HOLY SHIT! Two seated Yes When was the last one you dug? How many are you up to now?

I have a personal set of rules I live by in this pursuit, certain values. One of them is...

If somebody I'm with is pulling good stuff from an area where I'm not, I don't run over there like an asshole to try and invade their spot. That's common courtesy. Seeing a person dig awesome items, and then bum rushing the area they're hunting is a douche bag thing to do, and if I would've missed a bust (which I've never found, and a QUARTER no less!) I'd be royally pissed!!!!!

You're a better man than I, Ray, as I would've went straight for that fellas neck...friend or not. Just some things you don't do. At least, that's my take. If I'm out with someone that's not finding keepers, and I am, I gladfully tell them to come where I am, as it's hot, however, to just go into another detectors good luck zone to steal their thunder is low.

Awesome to have you back amongst the living Tongue

Joe
(07-26-2014 07:38 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ray, you're back!!! I thought you retired from the hobby and took up knitting instead!!! This deserves a HOLY SHIT! Two seated Yes When was the last one you dug? How many are you up to now?

I have a personal set of rules I live by in this pursuit, certain values. One of them is...

If somebody I'm with is pulling good stuff from an area where I'm not, I don't run over there like an asshole to try and invade their spot. That's common courtesy. Seeing a person dig awesome items, and then bum rushing the area they're hunting is a douche bag thing to do, and if I would've missed a bust (which I've never found, and a QUARTER no less!) I'd be royally pissed!!!!!

You're a better man than I, Ray, as I would've went straight for that fellas neck...friend or not. Just some things you don't do. At least, that's my take. If I'm out with someone that's not finding keepers, and I am, I gladfully tell them to come where I am, as it's hot, however, to just go into another detectors good luck zone to steal their thunder is low.

Awesome to have you back among the living Tongue

Joe

Thank you joe, i had wrote a nice long reply detailing what i would have done to Mr buzzard Bob ...but, edited it to a kinder reply. glad to see you feel the same, i would have knocked his gold toof out and put it in my finds bag ... and took my quarter  ...
Nice collection there Ray. Never found a seated here but there's always HOPE!

Glad you're back!!!

Ed
(07-26-2014 07:23 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]nice catch on the silver coinage.
sounds like the hunters where swarming like buzzards.

Nice finds Ray!  2 Seateds....in the ghetto?  Awesome!  

Bones and Joe, that same thing has happened to me.  I call them vultures.  But I like the ring of buzzards and since they're the same, I'll use that. 

Drives me f@cking crazy.
Ive known Bob for a looong time...is what it is. Joe,that would be number 1&2 for the year...seriously have not had much luck,except for V nickles...which are my least favorite old coin,lol.
WTG Ray!!

Nice scores and a bust would have been nice but at least you know that ol Bob got a bust because of your good fortune on the seated!!

It  is one thing when you hunt with a buddy and call them over to a spot because you are finding stuff, it is another when someone just bottom feeds off you because they know you are finding good stuff.  But when in a demo, not too many rules apply and if someone is a bottom feeder, they will continue to bottom feed regardless!!

Great stuff and glad you got out!!
got back today, got a very crusty token. Word has it that the weeks before I discovered it,a $5gold coin came out...and my buddy Dan got a 3center. Was a good site,but think its about done for now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's