Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: bunch`a junk and a little silver something .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got out for an hour, its so damn hot, i may break routine and hit the beach later this evening for some detecting and a splash.. only a couple odd finds for the day, first is a small screw on lid made of lead ... next to the lid in the photo, is a tiny silver something, the round part is smaller than a dime with 7 holes punched into it
( tested as silver ) no idea what it was. found a bunch of squashed  flat lead pieces, and one large lead piece that appears as if it was round at one time.  a broken stainless spoon, just the bowl recovered. a valve stem off a bicycle thought it was something till i got it cleaned up . a rusted loop thing, a few shell casings, and a couple pieces of shell edged pearl ware ( British pottery ).
[attachment=2571][attachment=2572][attachment=2573][attachment=2574][attachment=2575]
sorry about the crappy photos latley having to use an old phone to take the pics.
(11-10-2014 09:10 AM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]The last picture looks to be a valve core from a car wheel with the rubber burnt off.

yep. that`s what it is, i wrote bicycle above, but could be a car, truck, tractor, who knows. .
(11-10-2014 11:41 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool digs Bones

what's the Cal. of the shell casing at 6 o'clock below the spoon??

Looks like it contained a big hunk of lead at one time and could be civil war era?

Beer

dunno MRH, it has the letters and # FCO9 or FCO6 on the bottom . and is quite large .
Reference URL's