Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wheats galore and one silver #54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wheats were poppin out every where,my new friend Jeff only found 5 wheats and finally a 41 merc. I found 25 wheats (18-d-56-d),53 nickel and a 58-d rosie,also 16 clad quarters,16 clad dimes,9 nickels,48 copper mems,18 zinclons,9 marbles,4 keys and a killer billiard token from pueblo Colorado. Thanks for lookin! Right off the Vegas strip.
Wow . that is one hellova wheaty haul for one day.
plus the silver and a pay check worth of clad... nice day indeed ...
Thanks bones,I like the token the best.
(07-27-2014 04:24 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks bones,I like the token the best.

that is a nice token .
and right next to the Vegas strip, that place has to be loaded with coinage.
have you noticed many detectorists in your new area. being Vegas i would have thought there would be an army of people swinging detectors out there.
with all the coinage you pulled up today. there can`t be to many.
great score ...
Leo,

Congrats on silver #54! Looks like you're getting back into the swing of things. That token is cool. 25 wheats!!!!???? You better get back there and crank up the sensitivity!!!

Ed
Great hunt Leo.  That token is awesome.   All those wheats there has to be more silver around.  Maybe most people don't even think to hunt near the strip.  That's a sweet spot.  What do you suspect is the difference between your success and your buddy Jeff's?
Jeff doesnt have that long detecting,doesnt dig much,looking to cherry pick solid targets,I move junk and get signals underneath and he doesnt have a minelab,he has a tecnetics,he couldnt hear half my signals.
Yeah I learned to keep discrimination down and dig iffy stuff long ago.  That was when I was using the Fisher F2 and when I went to the Teknetics T2 I kept the same philosophy.  Which Teknetics is he using?
The T2 will. My minelab goes deeper and better target recognition.
(07-27-2014 08:04 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]The T2 will. My minelab goes deeper and better target recognition.

Yeah I know people say the T2 goes real deep, but I haven't seen it.  Maybe in light mineralization it does.  That's why I got the TDI.  I gotta try a Minelab one of these days.

If he is running high discrimination on the T2 it will lose depth considerably.  Tell him to try setting disc at 55 and run in 1 tone.  Or disc 4 and 2 tones.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's