Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver # 13 and a lesson!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out late this morning but was chased off by 2 pm by Tornado Warnings. Under a buck in clad and this pretty beat 1941S Washington.

The lesson is "Don't cherry pick TOO much.". That large and crushed aluminum camping pot was 6 inches from the Washington. I had a strong silver signal but that overload was interfering with it. I dug out the pot, which was no easy feat in itself, gathered my wits and checked, and sure enough, up pops the high tone, and a VID of a bouncy but strong 00-29/30. I dig it and here are the results. At 6".

GL & HH out there!!

Ed
Another big silver,NICE.
Nice find on the silver.
Another quarter.  You are on a roll.  That post reminds me of when I first got my T2.  I was swinging it around in the backyard and got a big overload.  I pulled out a old rusty chain probably from a swingset.  I swung back over the area and got a huge coin hit. Screaming.  About 5" deep was a nice shiny Washington.  It sometimes pays to pull out the overloads.
Way to go on the silver. I would go back to that spot again.
(07-27-2014 06:13 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Another quarter.  You are on a roll.  That post reminds me of when I first got my T2.  I was swinging it around in the backyard and got a big overload.  I pulled out a old rusty chain probably from a swingset.  I swung back over the area and got a huge coin hit. Screaming.  About 5" deep was a nice shiny Washington.  It sometimes pays to pull out the overloads.

Yes Will, I think I remember you posting that a while back. I found a spot where there's no storm drain pipe but got a big oval overload in about a 6'x8' spot and it has a set of stones placed on the East and West ends of the oval next to a big tree about 100 feet from where I found that quarter. I even took my sensitivity down to 1 and the same thing. I'm thinking it's an old clawfoot bathtub from the days when they had cows down by the river. Or somebody buried a safe, or it's an old well with a steel cap. I'm almost afraid to dig and find out. Lot of wells down there of all sorts.

Ed
Ed, you're kicking ass! And you hit the nail on the head...

There needs to be a balance in cherry-picking. Meaning, yes, dig those easy, shallow to mid depth silver signals, BUT, really investigate those 'iffy' signals, too...especially if they're deep Wink Most hunters go for the easy, obvious signals. They either assume that an iffy signal is junk, or don't have the patience to investigate it further. So, those have a fairly good probability of being nice keepers others simply left behind Yes

Careful with the weather. Leave the storm chasing to the professionals Tongue

Joe
Reference URL's