Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Old mine finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went out yesterday to one of the old gold mines in the mountains 30 mins. South of Vegas,I had to stop detecting because of lightning and rain. I found a few goodies, a railroad date nail (1924),a button that says,crown b an l brand,a suspender clip,a kotex clip and a barely readable 1928 buff - number five fty. Thanks for lookin!
Cool finds.  Any nuggets left around there?
A kotex clip???Are you serious???Ok,fill me on on that one. And cool finds!!
That's awesome Leo.  I got the treasure hunting bug from old mining towns here in Utah.  Great finds.  
Like Ray, I'd be interested in knowing the story of the Kotex clip.
hey a buff in 30 minutes is always good, gonna have to hit that spot when the weathers better.
Never found a Buff with a detector. Found one once river crack hunting, a 27! Barely readable. And you guys out there sure find a lot of those suspender clips. That Token (whoops, button) is pretty cool. You going to go out to that spot again?

Ed
Great finds for a 30 minute hunt. I'm sure you'll find more if you get a chance to return. The button is really cool!! Congrats
The mine is in Goodsprings NV. 30 mins. From my home. I hunted for an hour and a half in 102 temp. Many people have detected there,even diggers did a show there - the one where thay found all the coins behind the old bar. I dont know too much about to kotex clip.
Nice keepers!!

[Image: 1469708.jpg?270]
Yuck!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's