Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What a Dud!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a crazy, hectic, roller-coaster week of detecting madness Drunk

I was into overdrive mode all last week, getting everything ready to hunt that 1700's property I scored. I was getting my equipment ready, buying supplies, working out directions to the site, and tying up a million other loose ends. Gerry & I get up there this past Friday, and the place looked like a million bucks. The owner couldn't have been nicer, too. Everything was going perfect, until...

We started to dig. The ENTIRE place was filled Crying This might sound hard to believe, but, my honest hand to god, we didn't pull ONE COIN in about 4 hours!!! Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Not even a memorial penny! It was bad. Bad as in, digging down a foot and getting Budweiser cans. Or, Gerry pulling out the door handle to a late model Chevy Caprice. On a 300 year old property. Aside from an odd piece of junk or two, not a damn thing. Needless to say, we both left disgusted & dejected.

The bright lining on the dark storm clouds hanging over my head was, I happened upon another detectorist swinging at one of my regular spots, last Wednesday. We struck it up, and wound up hunting together a few hours. Later, we were swapping detecting war stories and mentioning names, and small world, this guy knew all of my old hunting buddies in NY. As is life, people lose touch, crap happens, etc., but, this dude (AndreyNY) passed along a message to Phil (eastharlemghost), and we reconnected again. I got out with Andrey & his buddy Boris today, and a few of us are getting out again tomorrow. Nice to have old friends back in the fold Yes

Not much going on in the finds department. The keepers below have been from my hunt last Wednesday & today.

Hope you guys are doing better than I am, lol.

Joe
Hey Joe, keep the faith. I get skunked in all kinds of places to hunt and wind up pouting all night too. But then there's another day and another place.

Ya got two silvers and a silver Boy Scout ring. Geez that's a lot in my book.

Nice hunt!! Happy digging!!!!!!

Ed
You got some sweet finds there.  Too bad about the old property.  I hate deep cans.
sounds like you had a super hunt, you found some old friends ...
silver is nice to find to .
At least you are getting out. Other than me being at the beach this past week I haven't been able to do much land hunting other than that civil war veterans metal. I need to start hittin up some more spots. And I have seen that AndreyNY guys posts. Where the heck do those guys dig anyways? He is always finding multiple silvers it seems
Sorry to hear the old site was a no go, but at least now you know. Better to have had the chance to check it out than to have always wondered what might have been.
Sucks on the hunt...been there where your hyped and then big letdown.
Well Joe like everything else you have to take the good and the bad. Not a great hunt but renewing old friendship is a gold mine.Hope you do better next time.
Reference URL's