Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SILVERS #15 & 16 FTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great start to August. Went off the beaten path yesterday with no luck (8-1-14) for only an hour as I had a whole bunch of errands to take care of for the missus and myself and it was hot and humid anyway. Went out after heavy rains today. Took the off the beaten path again in another area and spent 4 hours in the late afternoon with a good deal of success. The 42 Merc was at the bottom of a 10" diameter plug 7 inches deep and gravely and the plug immediately filled to the brim with water after I pulled it. Fished out a few handfuls of wet mud and gravel and viola, 42 Merc. The 43 was about 30 feet away but this time without the water. The 42 had a SOLID 4-29 VID and Excellent tone. The 43 was jumping all over the place VID wise but the tone, when I could spot it, was right on. Both found within 30 minutes of each other and the ground in general was like soft butter. I hate memorials!

GL & HH

Ed
Hot dog, Ed! You know, Minelabs aren't the easiest machines to get the hang of...especially after swinging a more traditional beep & dig. Not only am I proud of you, but, you should be damn proud of yourself, as you're really killing it after such a short amount of time Yes You're going to have a banner year, sir, I'm going on the record and predicting it now Wink

Joe
Nice silvers Ed.  You are killing it.   I hate deep cans.
(08-02-2014 10:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Hot dog, Ed! You know, Minelabs aren't the easiest machines to get the hang of...especially after swinging a more traditional beep & dig. Not only am I proud of you, but, you should be damn proud of yourself, as you're really killing it after such a short amount of time Yes You're going to have a banner year, sir, I'm going on the record and predicting it now Wink

Joe

Thanks Joe and Will. Man I hope so!! I think it's where I'm going to detect and my learning curve on the machine is adjusting (the more you dig, the more you know). We had about 3/4 inch of rain in two hours here, so the ground was soaked. That 43 Merc I could've sworn was a wheat or a mem or even maybe a clad dime. But between the iffy tone and the jumpy numbers, which looked a lot like iron, I gave it a shot. And I had dug quite a bit of iron today prior. There was something about it that made me dig it. And there was a very small 3/8" long rusted piece of what looked like a nail about 2" away from the Merc, which was in the side of the plug. I had targeted the iron. The piece of nail and Merc were both at about 6" depth.

Ed
nice catch on the two merc`s.
Thanks Bones!!!!
Looks like you are getting the hang of it. Now you should go for 20 this month. Congrats!
Great finds Ed!
Congrats on the silver!! You had a very good day...rain helps with the digging until it becomes mud soup. I have the opposite problem here. Went out to an old school now owned by a church and the ground was rock hard. Digging at all was next to impossible. I'll return but only after a good soaking rain. Rain
Reference URL's