Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial era gold gilt button, round balls, and more.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
found a really nice gold layered ( gilt ) button with floral designs - no shank .
a small squashed 925 silver ring with card symbols around it.
2 large round musket balls, 3 mid size musket balls, and buck .
5 minie civil war era bullets.
a very large moulded lead half sinker .
a fat melted blob.
one large piece of pottery popped out a hole while digging.
a bunch more modern shell casings and shotgun ends.
the very large axe head i posted on another post ...
and, 2 pennies . 70 - 86 .  guess i got my 2 cents worth today .

[attachment=2638][attachment=2639][attachment=2640][attachment=2647][attachment=2641][attachment=2642][attachment=2643][attachment=2644][attachment=2645][attachment=2646]
i have found several coquina brick foundations which i have gps`d for future hunting.
at the moment i am basically foundation hunting, looking for sites for future working.
i am working through the the woods searching for new possible sites but not spending to much time on them yet, just mapping them out. the whole area has popped up colonial relics, now i am seeking areas with higher concentrations of items, and mapping them for return searches, it would be impossible to hunt the whole area, that is why i am seeking out the  " hot spots " . the old roads through the area are long gone, so by mapping the hot spots, i am attempting to figure out the main path of travel to whatever sites where there. the area has seen no development or building since the early to mid 1800`s . so there is not much modern junk or modern homesite items. and what was there is hard to spot and find in the dense woods and overgrowth . often it may be just a chunk of coquina brick or two giving hint to former sites. don`t seem like much to go on, but 200+ pound chunks of coquina brick dont move to far through the woods from their original spots even in several 100 years.
Reference URL's