Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got in some detecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today was a run around looking at jobs day. First up was a house being built in the hills near me...homeowner said it was almost ready for me...it wasnt..but when I pull up to the property,I was confused....am I in Africa??
[attachment=2709]
[attachment=2710]

Haha,it wss crazy!Dude has zebras,ostriches,longhorns,water buffalo and camels all running around.
left there,had to go to the valley,decided to check out the ghetto. An old hotel burned down there,and now they had the fence removed...but fill dirt put in...except
they left small strip in back of the lot. With one eye on the hood wildlife,I went to detecting. Ended with some teen wheats,an indian, 1899 V nickle,cool hexagon token that needs some work,military pin and that heartstopper...thought was a morgan at first,just crap metal with Egyptian pics on it.
[attachment=2711]
That's some cool finds.  Them zebras are awesome.
wow some sweet finds there, i would be a tad nervous detecting around those bulls,
think i would have moved on as well, wait till them bad boys are behind bars and come back... 
might find some African silver coinage .  Happy 
good luck when you get to hit that place and nice finds ...
Not detecting that spot with the animals Bones...putting a roof on the house the dudes building.
Love the Zebras!!  That is crazy that the dude has Little Africa right here in N Cal!!

Congrats on the goodies!!  Still too damn hot to detect during the day for me!!
That is bizarre! Is the owner starting some sort of petting zoo or something? I can't see someone owning all of those as mere pets. So, you wound up going from one zoo, to another zoo...in the ghetto, lol. I'm guessing the inhabitants were a lot better behaved at the first zoo? Tongue

Nice finds! I haven't found a V nickel in ages, and I've been digging a lot of mid tones lately. I actually found a similar shaped token on my hunt yesterday, Ray.

Glad you're finally getting out again, brother!!!

Joe
Hope you watched where you were stepping! Nice finds.
You went on safari,congrats on the oldies.
That hood Safari paid off with a lot of interesting finds there Ray. I especially like the inhabitants who want to bum cigarettes. And a light. I'm still looking for those V nickels myself and nice find on that and the IH. If I found either I'd probably have a heart attack right there on the spot. Laughing

Nice to see you back!!

Ed
Nice pictures, there is a place near here that has lots of animals like that.  You can take a wagon ride thru and they stop and let you feed them.  The water buffalos hold their mouth open for you to drop the feed in.  Beautiful animals
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's