Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial site - Big Axe head # 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dug up another one. this is axe head # 5 from my colonial site.
I could not imagine having to swing these things,
kills me just carrying them home.
[attachment=2713][attachment=2714][attachment=2715]
(08-08-2014 11:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, you're pulling axe heads up like I do memorials. My lord, what a spot you've got on your hands! To be able to roll out of bed, walk 100 feet, and find stuff as early as that 1600's coin you pulled must be a FANTASTIC feeling Happy

Joe

it is such a great location,  It makes it hard to sleep at night. .
(08-09-2014 05:20 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Love the top two in your picture.

transitional type axes :early 18th centuries.  Transition for Trade Ax style to the American felling ax style!!

I would give them a nice E Bath as they should turn out real nice!!

Very cool

Very cool thank you again for the great info and ID. did some reading on the felling and colonial axes , very interesting read. 
the small ax piece looks to possibly be an old belt ax . there was obviously a lot of work going on in this deep woods spot at one time ,
with a good amount of land clearing. hard to tell looking at it now, its thick. but with the things im finding something was out here.
as soon as i pick up another charger i`ll be setting up the Ebath and zapping a few items. burnt up my good charger last month .
Reference URL's