Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Back to the demo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the demo is mostly fill dirt. But they left a strip in the back thats about 20ft wide x 80 ft long. I concentrated on what was obviously the deepest strata the other day when I got the teen wheats,token,injun etc. So I tell my buddy Dan about it...imagine my surprise when I get a text "37 wheats,merc and large cent" Damn! So i went back this morning  and hit the shallower area. Dan n Bob show up too. Guess Bob got 15wheats and a walker half the other day. Anyway,got 10 wheats,a merc and a rosie,and couple bottles. Everything in this layer is 40s stuff...but still fun.
[attachment=2731]
[attachment=2732]
Cool
nice hunt. those bottles are sweet recoveries as well.
Nice hunt there Ray. Going to have to keep my eyes open for those demos myself.
That one small bottle looks like it may have been a salt or pepper shaker.
Ed
yes Ohio,small one I believe is a shaker,tall one is hot sauce. Demos are my favorite urban detecting by far. Keep an eye out on the oldest parts of town. Any sidewalk tear out or buildings torn down,grab a small coil and get after it. keep a look out for signs of a bottle dump or privy. Got my best bottles ever from demos. Maybe Ill show them sometime.
Will do Ray! Don't collect them myself but have a friend who is really into it. I have never seen a whole bottle in my days detecting. Found a lot of interesting pieces and parts but still looking. Really would like to see the collection to show my friend Kev.

Ed
WTG Ray!  man keep your mouth shut until you can hunt with them!! Happy

Large Cent is a sweet score!!  Could have been yours!! LOL Happy

Congrats on your keepers!
That Bromo Alka-Seltzer thing is cool! What is it, a cover, token? The bottle is kickass, too Yes Ron is spot on, I certainly ain't giving out logistics of a productive site if I can't be there. Not trying to be Mr. Meanie, but, I've met mostly takers in this hobby, the givers/sharers are quite rare, so, my sites stay in my back pocket, for the most part Big Grin

Joe
aw shit, I told Dan because I really wasnt too interested...but the large cent got me back down there.Dan keeps me in the loop,so no biggie.If I see something while traveling around and cant hit it,I will usually call whoever is local and tell them . Besides,I have my sites set on nuggets at the moment. Joe,its just the top off a bromo seltzer,cool but not that old.
Nice.  Too bad the other guys got the big coins.  Still a good hunt though.  I'm like Ed, I've also only found broken pieces of old glass.
Sweet scores dude.
Please post your bottles from other demos!
Would love to see em.

-M
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's