Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial site dig, Pickaxe & axe head #6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pulled up another Axe head #6
and a pick axe .
[attachment=2745]
20 -30 feet over is where i have been digging the buttons buckles and the coin. so i know its in there,  but without cleaning out the iron there is little hope of getting the better signals between it all
Kinda new with this Etrac . so i apologize about the question, in what way will dropping the iron mask allow me to pick out the better signals between, does it allow faster recovery time, or will it simply by not masking it allow it to signal on each target rather than nulling out ... think i read the answer somewhere, but still wanted to ask and double check ..
thanks for the info and help ...
gonna get this place cleaned out eventually, iron and all.
and no, didn`t get the lipstick/needle case thingy open, i soaked it for a little bit, and tried to gently work it open, it didn`t budge.  and, I don`t want to risk any damage to it.  i usually do very little cleaning to my relics and preserve them as they where recovered ... adds character ... and, this piece adds a little mystery to the collection from this site as well  ...
thank you, i will give it a test.
also great idea on the markers, i have used paint in the past, on this site i have caught myself walking in circles a few times. easy to get turned around in the woods,  especially when your focused on the ground.
I like the iron as well, the area i am digging is of great historical value to this area and all of us. i keep all the finds from each site stored in bins respective to that site.  they would look cool on the wall or fence, at the moment i am digging an area with heavy colonial history and activities. all around my area are known historical sites, yet my site has not yet been discovered. i plan to try and put it on the map once i recover and research more of its history .. the items i have been recovering from the site i am working are a strong indicator of the importance of the site. 

im just the recovery guy ... not the owner ... 
(08-13-2014 11:58 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]hey Joe,hes in tropical Florida! You must of had a flashback of last winter,lol

Hey now we get our share of the cold down here,   it was way down in the 70`s last night. Happy
Reference URL's