Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: ? for at pro owners or anyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im  searching a old farm house that is being remodeled its made out of wormy chestnut .when I scan by a old door jam and one log beside it my at pro goes wild with the coin signal. my ? is could there be an other reason for this to be happening other than some coins I can remove jam but it will take work and I don't see anything on the 3 sides of the log that I can get to.any help would be great
A coin signal on any detector doesn't necessarily mean a coin, as I'm sure you're aware of. It could be, it could not. Might be several nails, or a spike embedded in the wood or maybe even a piece from the door jam itself. Of course, could be coins or maybe a neat relic someone stashed away. A cache is always a possibility, too. Only one way to know for sure...

PRY IT OUT Wink

Joe
Probably big iron.
bar to

ill be headed back there in a week with a crow to see fingers crossed
I'm with Will. Big iron will hit in the high 80's to low 90's on the AT. 
Coins will hit that same tone but coins will be much tighter.  Iron tends to have a bigger pattern.  I would still dig it however.  Coins are hidden or masked by iron.  A lot of times you have to clean out the iron before you get the real goodies.  That's why most run in an all metal mode.  Anyway, hope that helps. 

P.S.
My machine is also an AT Pro.
ok  now after removing the door jab I find the biggest spike known to man nailed into the log thanks to all for ur advice
That's where knowing your detector really comes into play.. I would judge it depending on how loud it is. If it's a huge chunk of the door jam it will be super loud on the at pro where the coins don't blow your ear drums out they just a high tone. But in a place like that you should probably dig it anyway to be sure.. From my experience a coin on the surface is still not as loud as a big piece of junk a few inches down or away from the coil. Good luck
(08-18-2014 09:20 PM)digger rat Wrote: [ -> ]ok  now after removing the door jab I find the biggest spike known to man nailed into the log thanks to all for ur advice

I hope you didn't leave "The biggest spike known to man"  Because on those detecting shows it's probably worth about $400 bucks!  LOL.
Yeah...it takes big spikes to nail together logs...keep swinging along the wall and youll find more.
Reference URL's