Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Minelab SDC 2300 vs Garrett ATX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minelab SDC 2300 vs Garrett ATX  I just watch a video of the two machines over a test bracelet.  The ATX had no problem seeing it, the SDC could barely see the clasp.  My question with all the other videos on the SDC picking up small nuggets, did the operator intentionally or by lack of knowledge set the SDC to fail?  With the SDC at almost twice the price of the ATX, which is the wiser machine to buy for beach hunting?
Well both are newly introduced machines but could you post a link to the video for our reference to answering your question? I don't think anyone here on this forum has one as yet but I could be wrong. If you're going for strictly beach gold, have you thought about the Garrett AT Gold. There have been some references to that machine here in that venue.

Ed

ps.... this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRUtDeWED8
I would value Steve Herbasch reviews. Go to detectorprospector.com.
(08-14-2014 11:46 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]I would value Steve Herbasch reviews. Go to detectorprospector.com.

Well I did more research on his reviews and see where both detectors are the machine of choice. The Minelab in the field and the Garret on the beach.  I am however still curious if the Minelab is really that blind to the small chain or whether that was rigged to favor the Garrett over the Minelab.

Dirtfisher,

Although the Garrett AT series detector are a very nice machine (other than I'm not man enough to swing one for more than twenty minutes) they are not a good salt water beach machine.  For medical reasons I was forced to sell of all but two of my personal machines, an Excalibur II and the CTX 3030.  Both these machines have treated me well with beach gold and silver.  Both however are not meant to find small gold with the Excalibur having a slight advantage over the CTX.  So, when I get financially stable again I am looking to find the best pulse machine for the small gold chains, etc., that can still pick up the rings.
Reference URL's