Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Clad & Hood Bling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Been out on and off all week with nothing spectacular until today. This is why I dig cans because this sucker came up as a can. 4 inches down at kind of a 45 degree angle. Old city park with tennis shoes hanging from the telephone lines.

At first I saw the back and thought it was just another car part. Then I wiped off the dirt and turned it over. Holy Crap! I searched the whole area for the chain but came up empty.

And there was a mothers gold clad ring about five feet from it. That's in the bulk coin shots. Some of the coins I cleaned on Tuesday because I couldn't sleep.

I found those two wheats during a trip through some woods in a refreshing summer rain storm. I got soaked to the skin and muddied up a bit but was just loving the cool rain killing the humidity and heat from the sun!

Found a really strange item. I'll post it later to "What is It?", cause I sure as hell don't know.

And this is really weird but I found another cross, a marked 925 silver (welded clasp) plated gold with five stones on Wednesday at work, whilst I was just measuring and marking out some fields for striping; just laying there in the grass. No pics of that. It's in lost and found for 90 days.

Good luck to all you guys and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed
WOW!!Nice!!!
Your coin counts are looking good. That's one of the keys to getting silver..playing the numbers Wink Nice bling!!! Never make the mistake/assumption that I used to, that the stones in silver aren't real. The 'theory' is that people wouldn't put expensive stones in silver, only gold. While this is somewhat correct, I've seen PLENTY of silver pieces with real stones in them, so, always test the stones in silver, Ed Yes Can't wait to see the whatzzit, as now you got me intrigued!

Joe
Damn looks like you hit a coin machine and ran ... that is one heck of a coin haul.
and that cross is bad ass. 
very nice hunt, and i agree. can`t wait to see the what is it ... got me interested and ready for a puzzler ....
(08-16-2014 07:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Your coin counts are looking good. That's one of the keys to getting silver..playing the numbers Wink Nice bling!!! Never make the mistake/assumption that I used to, that the stones in silver aren't real. The 'theory' is that people wouldn't put expensive stones in silver, only gold. While this is somewhat correct, I've seen PLENTY of silver pieces with real stones in them, so, always test the stones in silver, Ed Yes Can't wait to see the whatzzit, as now you got me intrigued!

Joe

Joe,

I'm going to take that to 2 jewellery stores and try and get some answers. I don't have a diamont test kit but I'm fairly certain the center square stones are CZ and the halo round stones may be the same.

In other news, in the Whats' It category, well it turns out to be a DUD. Just an electrical connector from Penn Union in good old PA!

Ed

(08-16-2014 08:11 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Damn looks like you hit a coin machine and ran ... that is one heck of a coin haul.
very nice hunt, and i agree. can`t wait to see the what is it ... got me interested and ready for a puzzler ....

BONES! Yeah, there's so much clad around here sometimes I really don't want to dig it!! Laughing But turns out I do anyway. Yes You know you just can't pass it up just in case it's not clad. And it helps to clear out the area so the next time you go over it maybe there'll be some silver. And for the can thing, Jesus, between memorials and cans I'm going to be a rich working stiff. I've honestly got to agree with Will on the flipping cans. I mean, I know the target is too loud, it covers too large an area, it bounces in and out of the foil range on the edge of the coil, but, WHAT IF IT ISN'T? It's a beleaguering problem that I think all of us have to deal with. Oh, and in the Hood parks in Cleveland, Miller is the beer of choice or they damn well hijacked a trailer full of it long, long ago.... But anyway, that "Bad Ass" cross is, and thanks! I thought it was a can too. Glad I dug it, dig it?

Ed
Nice Hood Bling!!
Wow, that is a beautiful cross.
(08-16-2014 08:16 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2014 07:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Your coin counts are looking good. That's one of the keys to getting silver..playing the numbers Wink Nice bling!!! Never make the mistake/assumption that I used to, that the stones in silver aren't real. The 'theory' is that people wouldn't put expensive stones in silver, only gold. While this is somewhat correct, I've seen PLENTY of silver pieces with real stones in them, so, always test the stones in silver, Ed Yes Can't wait to see the whatzzit, as now you got me intrigued!

Joe

Joe,

I'm going to take that to 2 jewellery stores and try and get some answers. I don't have a diamont test kit but I'm fairly certain the center square stones are CZ and the halo round stones may be the same.

In other news, in the Whats' It category, well it turns out to be a DUD. Just an electrical connector from Penn Union in good old PA!

Ed

(08-16-2014 08:11 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Damn looks like you hit a coin machine and ran ... that is one heck of a coin haul.

BONES! Yeah, there's so much clad around here sometimes I really don't want to dig it!! Laughing But turns out I do anyway. Yes You know you just can't pass it up just in case it's not clad. And it helps to clear out the area so the next time you go over it maybe there'll be some silver. And for the can thing, Jesus, between memorials and cans I'm going to be a rich working stiff. I've honestly got to agree with Will on the flipping cans. I mean, I know the target is too loud, it covers too large an area, it bounces in and out of the foil range on the edge of the coil, but, WHAT IF IT ISN'T? It's a beleaguering problem that I think all of us have to deal with. Oh, and in the Hood parks in Cleveland, Miller is the beer of choice or they damn well hijacked a trailer full of it long, long ago.... But anyway, that "Bad Ass" cross is, and thanks! I thought it was a can too. Glad I dug it, dig it?

Ed

I agree JUST DIG IT ... 
I have been digging some interesting finds in the iffy signal`s .
sometimes it really pay`s off to dig that "trashy" signal. really depends on 
the site or area and what you expect to be there as far as modern trash.
Reference URL's